Chapter 11

Conor's POV

Waking up in a bed that isn't your own is usually quite a daunting experience but this time I'm actually happy about it, even though I seem to have missed out on morning cuddles seeing Olivia isn't next to me anymore.

But before I decide to conquer the cold unknown that is the bedroom outside my current duvet cocoon has the door been pushed open, revealing the girl I'd fallen asleep with last night.

"Morning"

I stretch my arms over my head, taking in the beautiful view in front of me that consisted of her in a Calvin Klein sports bra and a pair of pyjama shorts, there really was worse worse things to wake up to.

"I'm taking you out"

She smiles, moving the cup of what I only can assume is coffee to her lips to take a sip as if what she's just said is the most casual thing ever.

"You are?"

Nodding does she take a couple of steps into the room, her sun kissed skin looking almost golden as she stops in a spot where the sun had creeped through a gap in the curtains.

"It's at the top of my 'get Conor to feel better' list"

I shake my head, chuckling at how she's just come up with such a thing.

It was something that's so special with Olivia, the fact that she's able to make me laugh anywhere at anytime without fail.

I've honestly laughed more these past weeks that I've known her than I've done the entire year and that's saying something.

"Am I allowed to get ready or?"

"Naah, you'll have to go in your pants"

I roll my eyes at her as she starts to laugh at her own joke, a laugh that quickly turns into a squeal as I get out of bed to chase her down the hall towards the kitchen.

"Come here"

I'd stopped at the end of the corridor, smiling as she started walking over to me with a bit of uncertainty in her steps.

And as much as I'm tempted to chase after her again I decide against it, pulling her into a hug instead.

"What was that all about?"

She refers to the random kiss I'd just planted on her lips out of nowhere and I just smile, leaning my forehead against hers.

"I'm just thankful that I've got you in my life"

I don't know why I've suddenly become a soppy mess seeing I've never been one previously but then I've never been in this position before either so maybe it's a combination of everything going on at the moment.

"Luckily for you I haven't planned on going anywhere"

She rests her elbows on my shoulders as she pushes some of my hair away from my face, the look on her face telling me that she's meaning every single word of what she's just said.

"Lucky me"

Somehow being here, at her place makes everything feel so much better. It's like I'm in another dimension, a world where I can just be me.

There's no pressure of having to update social media or being on camera. I don't have to act happy when I'm not, something that I've been doing for as long as I can remember.

"I just have to have a quick shower and get ready. If you want coffee the Nespresso pods are in the drawer underneath the coffee machine, I guess you know how to use it already. Feel free to look around by the way"

I mirror her smile, standing frozen in place as I watch her disappear into her bathroom. This really was a good way to wake up.

My head feels relatively clear for once. It's like the dark grey clouds that usually resides within me have eased a bit and allowed some of the July sunshine to get through.

I shake my head, the smile still very much present on my lips as I walk over to her lounge area to sit down on the sofa.

Thoughts are weird, because thoughts just don't exist, thoughts are created by you. You decide what you want to think and that's what's so scary about depression. The fact that it's all down to you.

Your mind is fucking powerful, I'd realised that over the past twelve months. You somehow have to figure out how to control it and I'm still working that out to this day.

It's something that's created by you but if something happens it can quickly turn against you and make your life hell for the foreseeable future.

My eyes scan the minimalistic room before me, the modern art that decorated the crisp white walls. The large palm like plant that had been placed in the corner next to the TV and the perfect stack of books that had been left on the stand in front of it.

The coffee table was made of glass and had only one thing on it, something that I quickly realise is a portfolio.

I only know this because Victoria aspired to be in the industry and I remember her talking about how she had to build up her portfolio.

Olivia Thompson

It was such a model name, the way it rolls off the tongue with ease. You really wouldn't be able to forget it.

I pick it up, my hand stroking the glossy cover that had a couple of black and white portrait shots on it.

And so I open it, intrigued to see exactly what she's capable of. The girl that currently was my absolute lifeline.

I'm not disappointed, impressed by just how easy she makes it look, how comfortable she is in front of the lens.

"Oi someone's being nosey"

I jump in my seat, scared shitless by the way she'd just managed to sneak up on me.

"I'm sorry, my god you proper shit yourself"

She chuckles, adjusting the grey towel she's got wrapped around her body, something that would've surprised me if I didn't already know that all she really does for a living is sit in front of strangers half naked.

"Stop looking at me as though I've grown a second head or something. You're allowed to look, alright"

I nod, going back to the book that currently was open on a page of her posing completely and utterly naked, a blush quickly settling on my cheeks as I realise just how creepy that will make me seem.

"How- how do you do it?"

I'm genuinely interested in how someone could just sit down in front of people you don't know without a single thread on their body.

"You just gotta imagine that you're completely alone to be honest, and then having a healthy relationship with yourself really helps. If you love yourself to a point where nothing is going to make you doubt your own beauty nothing's going to affect you"

I nod, turning the page over to be met with a completely different look, nowhere near as revealing as the last few ones.

"And-" she took a step forward so that she was stood in front of me, her finger under my chin to tilt my head up to look at her. "Having a hot popstar friend definitely helps a lot"

I inhale a sharp breath as she sinks down in my lap, the book quickly getting pushed to the side.

"It does?"

She nods as I lean closer, attaching our lips in a hot, passionate kiss that quite literally takes my breath away.

But then when does she not?

I move to her neck, sucking on her warm skin. I want her, even need her, the desire burning inside of me as she lets out a soft moan.

It's almost as if she builds me up only for her to ruin me day in and day out. And I don't complain because being ruined by her is the best experience in the entire world.