Chapter 12

Olivia's POV

Why, just why?

I rest my head down on his sinking and rising chest, exhaling a deep breath as we lie in silence, me on top, both naked on the sofa, my sofa.

"Just go and fuck with someone else"

The words Chloe had uttered less than 24 hours ago are circling round my head. Why hadn't I just been able to do what she'd said?

His skin is clammy from the impromptu sex we'd just had, the impromptu sex I'd been the one to initiate.

For once had it not been him to take the first step. I just hadn't been able to resist it.

"Well-"

His voice is deep, almost raspy as he speaks, his hand secure on my bare back as though he's scared I'd go if he didn't keep it there.

"We should get ready"

We really should but at the same time I can't be bothered.

"Mm"

I push myself up, grabbing the towel I'd been wearing, from the floor and wrapping it around me.

"Are you okay?"

He looks at me from where he's now sat on the sofa, pulling on his boxers to cover himself up a bit.

"Yeah, I'm fine"

It wasn't a complete lie because I'm physically fine. But something inside me is telling me that this really isn't the best thing I should be doing right now.

"We still going out?"

His steal blue eyes lock eye contact with mine, the eyes that had been filled with so much life since the minute he woke up this morning now having turned a lot more stormy.

"If you want to, it's all up to you?"

I'm usually a lot more bossy but I feel as though me being bossy towards him right now is gonna break him and I already now how broken he is already.

He nods, attempting a smile but it's too forced for me to believe that it's real and it's the first time he's faked his happiness around me.

I get ready quickly, pulling on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt from the pile of clean washing I've got in my bedroom.

All I want is to ask him why?

Why is he like this? Who hurt him?

Because I know someone must've broken him, someone he really cared for, someone he loved. His ex.

I think back to the night about a week ago now. The tears that had fallen from those blue eyes, the pain in his voice as he spoke, the pain that never really went away.

"Alright, let's go"

He's dressed in the same clothes he came in last night, the classic black jeans and a white t-shirt, paired with a leather jacket.

When I think about it I haven't really seen him in anything else.

"Are we driving?"

His soft voice sends shivers down my back and causes a small smile to appear on my lips. He really has the ability to make me smile wherever.

"No, we're going to my favourite place"

I've never taken anyone to this place before, not even my best friends know about it and I'm not sure why I've decided to bring Conor there. But somehow does it make sense to do so.