Chapter 6

Olivia's POV

"You want another drink?" The guy Chloe had left me with for the last twenty minutes asks, despite it being clear that I already have a drink in my hand.

"I'm fine, thank you"

He nods, wrapping his arm around my shoulders in a way to keep me close. And no, he isn't some sort of creep but I currently was as far from interested as you can possibly get and he didn't seem to get the hint.

"So what do you do then?"

I take a sip of the drink that was the pure reason to why I was able to get through the painful torture that was talking to this guy that apparently was called Mikey.

Because he was in fact the reason to why our drunken asses had gotten into the VIP area of this club and I felt as though at least one of us should show some sort of appreciation.

"A bit of everything"

I smirk, not really in the mood to tell him the full story.

"Cool"

He nods and it was clear that he was started to lose his patience by now and I really don't blame him.

The girl he'd been hoping to get with tonight was currently nowhere to be seen and I can only guess she's all over some random guy who'd offered to take her home and now he was left with me, someone that shows no interest in him whatsoever.

My eyes scan the dancefloor in front of us, trying to locate my two best friends to hopefully get saved from this and that's when I see him.

It was as if he was able to light up the whole club without saying a single word.

"Why is he here?" I say, not really knowing why Mikey would have an answer to that question.

"Oh you mean Conor?"

I nod, still not able to drag my eyes away from him as I watch him sink down at the bar, ordering himself a drink.

"I invited him. We grew up together, he's one of my best friends to be honest"

The look on my face is probably priceless when I realise what he's just said. This guy knows Conor? Since when?

And as much as I try to drag my attention away from the guy I'd been in bed with only yesterday are my eyes constantly finding their way back to him where he's sat at the bar, all alone.

It was just something with him that meant I couldn't just forget about him. Something that told me this wouldn't be the only thing I'd see of him tonight.

"Who is she?"

Conor's face had shifted as a brown haired girl had walked over to him, a girl that was closely followed by a tall, blonde man.

He seemed happy to see her, almost as if she was an old friend he hasn't seen in a while.

The smile on his lips made the whole of my insides warm and I can't do anything but wonder what I'd have to do to have him smile at me like that.

"That's his ex" Mikey said nonchalantly, moving his bottle of beer up to his lips to take another sip.

And just as he'd said that am I able to see the smile that could light up the whole world, turn into a frown.

It was clear that something had been said, something that had hurt the boy that somehow had drawn me in without him really knowing about it.

To him I was just one in a sea of another million girls, one of the girls that he invited to his flat for nothing but his own sexual desires. But I didn't care, a part of me breaking as I see the hurt on his face and the smile fade away in an instant.

"Is that her boyfriend?"

I don't know why I am bothering with asking because it was clear as day that they were dating. Just the way he'd wrapped his arm around her waist, the glances between them and the hurt in her ex's eyes.

But before Mikey gets a chance to answer me am I pushed to the side by the man himself, large tears streaming down his face as he pulls a vodka bottle out of the bucket of ice, downing it as if it was water.

"A fucking year, Mike and she goes and find someone after a month. Four fucking weeks!!!"

I take a step to the side, watching as Mikey tries to calm him down, something that quite clearly isn't working.

"Did you know about it?! Did you fucking know about it?!"

If it wasn't for the fact that I felt somewhat connected to the guy that currently was having a major breakdown in a night club would I probably have left.

But I just can't leave him like this, especially not with Mikey who seems to have no idea whatsoever how to calm him down.

So I do what every non sane person would do and push Mikey to the side to help the man I pretty much know nothing about.

"Hey, it's okay, you're okay"

His teary eyes search mine for a second, almost as if he's trying to figure out of he knows me or not and I smile when he finally realises who I am.

"That's better"

I don't know why I'm acting how I currently am seeing I don't even know the person who's standing in front of me. But I have no regrets when he leans in and connects his lips to mine, the strong taste of alcohol filling my mouth just as it had done twenty four hours earlier.

He pulls me into him, our bodies glued to each other as if we are dependent on the other's existence.

It's like nothing I've ever experienced before, the way I'm able to just give myself to him, ignoring every single one of my usual policies. And I know now that I'd do whatever I can just to not have to see those teary eyes again.

"Come back to mine"

He leans his forehead against mine after he's pulled away for air, ignoring all the eyes that currently are watching us.

And I just nod, completely aware of the fact that he needs this right now and apparently I'm okay with being nothing but his distraction for two nights in a row.