[12] Truth

It was time to get out of the house. Besides, I couldn't bear to hear any more of my mother's cries in her bedroom. She was just as shocked as I was when we both learned of a secret son that my father hid all this time. For my father to had never been honest with the family, especially to his own wife, it nearly broke her heart.

I needed to know if there were any more secrets that my father was keeping. I went inside my father's office once more to find more clues that I might have missed that night. Everything was still left a mess like a tornado and an earthquake hit here at the same time. I knew I had to clean this up soon or else my mother would have another crying fit, but I didn't have time right now. I rummaged through the Kendo photos again to find other tips that could resolve this mystery. There were a couple of more photos that had familiar faces from the Kendo society class photo. I looked closer and there was a good amount of photos that had the cashier man in them. I never got his name, but I had to look for him and find out. I grabbed a couple of those photos, including the one with Taehyung and my father, and headed out to that garden store.

I passed by the training field first. Although I hated the first day of cleaning that entire field, I return there once a month to maintain it. There were even occasions when I come here to train on my own. Since it had been almost two months before the accident, the grass had grown taller. It seemed that I need to come back here soon to cut it and return to that monthly maintenance routine.

The garden shop was just one block away from the field. I hadn't been back here since that day and by the looks of it, it resembled no changed appearances. I entered inside and looked around for that cashier man. He wasn't at the check out table or anywhere in the front. I looked down each aisle and I didn't see anyone. The whole store was empty. Maybe someone was in the back room.

"Hello?" I called out.

No answer. I walked closer to the back of the store and saw a door open.

"Hello, is anyone here?"

I heard someone walking in that back room. I waited for a moment to see if the person was coming out, but didn't. The light was on, so someone should be there. I decided to open the door and walk inside. For a shop to have such a small storefront, the back room was a large warehouse. All of the extra products were here all neatly organized on racks. I walked through the rows of shelves until I heard the sounds of heavy items being moved around. I followed those sounds towards the very end of the warehouse and found one employee standing on a ladder, lifting boxes onto the highest shelf.

"Um, excuse me?" I firmly tried to get his attention.

The employee turned around so quickly that the box slipped out of his hand while the ladder was tipping over towards me. In an instant, I caught the box into my arms and pushed the ladder back into place with my leg, saving a panicked man from falling. My training was beginning to pay off.

"Woah, kid! That was impressive." The man praised me. "Thanks for helping me out."

"Oh yeah, it's no problem." I accepted his thanks as I placed the box on the ground.

Once the man came down from the ladder, I saw him clearly. He was the person I was looking for.

"Hey, you were at my father's mourning service!" I confirmed.

"Well, Jungkook. I've been expecting you." The man nodded and grinned at me.

"Y-You were?" I stuttered a bit.

"Because you wanted answers, right?"

"Yeah, I do." I nodded back. "What's your name?"

He glanced up and down at me, taking one full look. I didn't understand why he did that, but I did the same to him as well.