part 27

I woke up in a panic in the middle of the night.

Where am I? How did I get home to my room? Where is my phone?

I fumbled around until my hands found the lamp on the bedside to find my phone charging there.

I wonder who plugged it in. It's 2 AM. Ah shit. Jiwoo tried to call and text me.. so many notifications.

--

Notification: 3 missed calls - Jiwoo

Notification: 2 text messages - Jiwoo

Notification: BREAKING NEWS - IU seen in US kissing unknown man

--

My heart froze.

Oh no. Not Jungkook. How could this happen? Was I fucking gone for 10 years? Jeez. I just fell asleep for a quick nap.

I click on the actual article to read it and my heart begins to hurt.

--

BREAKING NEWS IN K-POP:

South Korea's IU just landed in the US not too long ago, for unknown reasons that her company refuses to speak about, and sources are telling us she was seen kissing and being really affectionate with a man who met her at the airport despite her 4 year on and off again relationship with BTS' Jeon Jungkook.

What does this mean for Jungkook and IU?

Are they broken up? Again?

ARMY's speculations don't seem too far off now that IU has essentially proclaimed to the world that she has a new man.

What do you guys think?

Is it time for Jungkook to move on and leave IU?

It seems like IU has already made her decision!

--

The whole world is watching their every move. His heart was just broken in front of millions of people by someone he loved and trusted.

The public humiliation was just insult to injury, something I knew all too well.

I sighed as my heart ached for Jungkook.

I got out of bed and realized I was still in my clothes from before the shoot and went to go change into a pajama set with a long, soft robe that I cinched around her waist.

I wanted something to eat or drink but wasn't sure what as I quietly opened my door to head to the kitchen.

I saw a soft glow coming from Jungkook's room.

He's still awake?

Instinctively, I pull out my phone, remembering that we had all exchanged numbers previously.

I put my phone in the pocket of my robe as I wandered out into the kitchen as quietly as I could to find a snack in the kitchen

I wasn't sure who was here or if they were asleep, but all the lights were off in the main parts of the house so I decided to stumble along until my eyes adjusted enough to find my way to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and the glow immediately filled the kitchen.

I see milk. I'm pretty sure I grabbed some cereal at the store earlier. I wonder where they put it.

I closed the fridge to not let all the cold out and turned around to turn on the soft light over the stove so I could see.

I saw a figure standing in the dark and couldn't seem to make out which of the guys it was.