part 32

Jungkook woke up alone and with a scowl.

Where did Y/n go?

He had sweat through his t-shirt in his sleep because he slept fully dressed in long pants too, and tossed off his shirt in a daze. He got up to go turn on the lights in his room, slid on his house slippers, and opened his bedroom door- only for Y/n to run face first into his chest with a thud. She bounced back and hit the ground with a yell as her butt hit the floor.

"Agh, I don't have enough butt to be relying on it to catch my fall like this," she cried jokingly.

He offered his hand to help her back up.

"Have you been up for long?" He asked.

"Not really, I was just coming to check if you were awake or not," she smiled at him.

His phone vibrated in his pocket.

It was a phone call.

It was IU.

He snapped out of his daze and stared blankly at his phone. Y/n laughed nervously and took Jungkook's phone out of his hand to see who it was. Her face dropped once she saw it was IU. Jungkook frowned and silenced the call and threw his phone back in his pocket.

Y/n reached out to him in a hug and he hadn't realized how tense he had let his body get from the stress.

"You need to talk to her at some point," she whispered during their hug.

No, I don't. I can just forget her and move on.

Jungkook didn't say that out loud though.

"I'm going to be in the dance studio," he stated as he pulled away from the hug to go back to his room to get dressed, leaving Y/n standing there looking defeated.

He quickly threw on an oversized black tee, black sweatpants, black boots, and his signature black bucket hat as he walked speedily to the dance studio at the back of the house.

(this song is so good right now you guys :(((( and all credits to original owner!)

Jungkook very loudly turned on Who by Lauv and put it on repeat.

Just one of those days.

He had only turned on one set of lights, so the studio was only partially lit with spotlights. He had grabbed his camera and set it up to record himself.

The least he could do was throw himself into a project, and he had already intended on making a dance practice to this song.

And today it's more relevant than ever.

His phone rang one more time, and Jungkook could feel is blood boil. He shut off the music and snapped his phone up to his face after answering the call.

"What do you want?" He yelled angrily.

"Jungkook, please don't yell," she started to cry.

"Then don't start crying with me and just say what you've been calling to say," he spouted back spitefully.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like this."

"Then why didn't you just break up with me before you left? Why did you let it get to this point?"

"Me? You have been just as much of a contributor to this as I have. We should have broken up a long time ago," she yelled back.

Her words stung him.

We should have broken up a long time ago, huh?

"Then let's just end things. This is the last time we're breaking up, I don't want to hear from you ever again," he sighed.

He knew he wasn't always perfect, but he had always tried in their relationship. Despite their busy or conflicting schedules, Jungkook knew in his heart he tried his best and was always there for her when he could be.

He also understood that it was unfair to expect IU to think that what he was doing in their relationship was enough.

"Jungkook..."

"Go be happy with him. I hope he can give you the life and love you couldn't have with me," he said as his voice broke at the end in tears. Before she could say anything in return, he hung up the phone and fell to his knees inside the dance studio.

He sobbed in that position for a good five minutes before he resigned to just laying on the floor on his back and staring at the ceiling.

He couldn't help but feel both heartbroken and relieved.

He suddenly remembered he was recording and hopped back up to start the video over.

I'll have to delete that later.