part 39

"I have probably the biggest headache, Y/n. Woman to woman, I need you to tell me the truth. I'm not coming to you as your manager, here. I'm serious," Jiwoo grilled me over our coffee before we started our morning.

Jiwoo had woken me up and told me to get ready for the day since we were going to run errands together. I had a sneaking suspicion that our "running errands" was just her way of trying to ask me about Jungkook.

"Y/n, what's going on with you and Jungkook? In all the years that I've known you, you haven't given any man that much of your time since... since..." She bit her tongue, not sure if she should finish her sentence.

"Since Suho, I know," I sighed. "If you think this is a headache for you, how do you think I feel?" I looked around the empty coffee shop, almost as if I'm scared Jungkook will just come running through those doors as soon as I admit how I feel about him.

"Jiwoo, I just met him," I start timidly. I reach for my coffee cup and stare at it, wanting to shrink up and drown myself in it, honestly.

"But?" She urges me.

"There is no 'but', I just met him. If you want me to admit that something's there, fine, I will, but I just met him so I can't tell.. if I like him... or not," I hesitate to finish my sentence because now that the words have escaped my mouth it feels like a lie and Jiwoo can see right through it.

"Min Y/n. You're the worst liar in the entire world," Jiwoo laughed as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I'm pretty sure everybody in the world can see that you two like each other except you two," she rolled her eyes.

I can feel the blush creeping up my neck and fill my cheeks.

"Don't think you can get it past me. You haven't exactly whisked me away in a plane for a late night Busan beach trip for ramen," she teased mercilessly.

"H-how do you know we were in Busan and not just at the beach nearby? And eating ramen together doesn't mean anything," I defended myself.

"Y/n, don't worry about it," she laughed. "We gotta go anyway, I have some things we need to pick up in preparation for the awards, your mom wants to grab a snack after that, and then we go back to the house and meet with Jungkook's stylist. I told her the colors of the dresses we have for you to try, so she's coordinating his outfits accordingly and will bring his wardrobe by the house for us."

Jiwoo always knew how to change the subject.

"My mom?" I asked, mostly to myself as Jiwoo went to pay for drinks. Then I remembered I would promise to see her, but I just hadn't made it out to do so yet.

We quickly left and it was all a blur from there as Jiwoo took the lead.

"You look so pretty today, Y/n," the designer cooed at me.