part 29

".. I think you guys will have to film tomorrow without me."

I can't believe this guy. He just had his heart broken into pieces and I'm here pouring my heart out to him, letting him know it's a safe space, and all he can say back to me is related to work tomorrow.

I rolled my eyes and was glad it was dark. I felt bad for him, though and didn't want him to spend the rest of his evening.. early morning?.. alone.

"I'll be right back," I said as I left his room abruptly to go to mine. I grabbed a few pillows and a blanket from my room and dragged them to Jungkook's room and threw it onto the futon in his room that was opposite his desk.

This is going to look so bad, but I'm sure I'll be able to explain it tomorrow to everybody else.

"Well, I'm not going to let you hang out alone, and we'll figure out what to do about filming tomorrow," I shrug as I quickly get comfortable, finding a phone charger and plugging my phone in while snuggling into my pillows and blankets on the futon

"Y-Y/n, I'm fine, you don't need to stay here and keep me company," Jungkook laughed nervously from his spot on the bed.

"Am I being kicked out so you can sit here and be depressed by yourself? Or am I being kicked out because it's almost 3AM and you don't want to see my face in your room?" I pouted.

Jungkook laughed in the soft glow of the room and I could see his eyes smile too.

Good. I'm glad he at least is willing to let me stay so he won't be alone.

"It's the first one, because I definitely don't mind your face in my room no matter the time," he chuckled in a lowered voice.

"Well, if that's the case, you'll just have to deal with being depressed while having me here," I mentioned nonchalantly, though I was a little bit nervous myself.

I welcomed myself to his desktop once I was bored of checking up on my phone. When I turned to look at him, he had actually started to lay down on his bed and was staring at his ceiling at this point.

I started to click through the photos of him and IU. Most of it was just portraits Jungkook took of her. Brushing her teeth, grabbing a water from the fridge, walking ahead of him on a hike, taking his hand as they walked up the stairs.

It made my heart ache. Their love was so sweet, it seemed. At least in photographs.

I wish I had a boyfriend who loved me so much he couldn't stop taking photos of me. The way he probably felt when he looked through each of these. Remembering the memory, reliving the feelings, only to be met with a reality of hurt. He loved her so much.

My finger slipped and I accidentally deleted a photo.

Oh fuck. I need to get that back and let him decide what he's deleting or not.

I go to the recycle bin and open it. There are thousands of files already deleted.

Holy shit. I guess that's years of photos for you.

One file catches my eye in particular, and it's titled GCF - IU.

I shouldn't watch it, I-

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft snoring noise. I turned around just to see that Jungkook finally had fallen asleep.

That guy. All he needed was somebody in the room. He just didn't want to fall asleep alone.

I sighed and got up to go tuck him in. It was impossibly hard because he was a complete deadweight while asleep, and he had fallen asleep on his blankets. I gave up and tossed my pink comforter over him. As I sat back down at the desktop, I had the opportunity to click the file once more. I make sure the desktop speakers are off before I hit play.

The video starts and it's a beautiful compilation of all their little moments together. Her just waking up, making breakfast together, her beautiful smile, slow motion scenes in different countries as they traveled together. The video is cut short.

I guess he never finished it.

I close out of the video and remove the last thing I accidentally deleted. I can still hear Jungkook's quiet breathing as he slept.

He was curled up facing the edge of the bed, and I went to go sit there and pushed his hair out of his face.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook... you don't deserve this," I whispered as quietly as I could.

Well, my blanket is spoken for, and he's asleep, so I guess I can go back to my room and maybe look for another blanket. I'm pretty sure Namjoon told me there were extra.

I get up to leave, and just as I do, Jungkook's hand grabs my wrist gently and pulls me back to where I was sitting on his bed.