Chapter VII

Sabrina

Sabrina is very exasperated for they only have a number of days left to save their friends, yet they’re still lacking clues.

“Carsten, I don’t know what to do anymore, there’s so many things going on in my mind. First, my friends are experiencing Grevendum, next is the woman I saw in the woods which happened to be Emilia, and third is that book that the wizard gave me.”, Sabrina declared stressfully.

Carsten looked at Sabrina, “Sab, I think that book is the answer to our problems.”, he asserted. “But how? The book is almost empty, I checked it and the only things inscribed in there are the figures of the moon, the star and a constellation!”.

They decided to go home firstly because it’s getting late and because they need to check on their friends’ condition, and in the middle of their journey, Sabrina fell asleep.

“Sabrina, help us, please!”, Sabrina heard Zatanna crying out. Sabrina followed where her friend’s voice is coming from. She continued looking for Zatanna but the surroundings had changed, all of a sudden. And now, she is inside an empty room.

Sabrina saw a door and she ran towards it straight away, however, the door is locked. While she’s still trying to open the door, she caught sight of a person’s shadow passing by her back. “Emilia, I know it’s you! Please let me escape to help my friends.”, Sabrina called out.

The door opened, in an instant and she finally saw her three best-friends but before she was able to reach them, the girls had disappeared.

“You really think that I’ll give them up easily? Well, you’re wrong, Sabrina.”, Emilia stated.

“Sab, wake up! We’re here.”, Carsten awoke her up. Sabrina opened her eyes, she’s catching her breath. Carsten looked at Sabrina worriedly. “Carsten, I saw Emilia in my dream, and she threatened me. It’s like she is saying that this is just the start!”, Carsten tried to calm Sabrina down and he carefully thought about the meaning behind Sabrina’s nightmare.

“Sab, please calm down, we can fix this, okay?” Carsten said reassuringly. Carsten took the book that the wizard gave them. He analyzed it well and he looked for any possible clues that might help them.

“The moon, the star and the sun with a torch at the middle.”, he uttered. “What if those three are connected to what happened to my friends?”, Sabrina pondered. “I think so. What if this is the answer to our problem because those three are somehow connected to Isla, Lavita and Zatanna.”, Carsten said.

He grabbed his laptop and searched on the Internet about those three legends in the book. “Did Lavi, Tanna, and Isla somehow tell you about these legends?”, he questioned. “As far as I know, Zatanna and Isla are somewhat interested in astronomy. They always told me and Lavita about it.”, Sabrina said.

“The moon symbolizes rhythm of time, wisdom, eternity, and enlightenment on the dark side of nature. Selene is the Greek goddess of the Moon where and it is said to be that when she drove a chariot across the moon, it gives light to all.”, Carsten read what is written on one of the website he found.

Sabrina carefully thought and she tried to connect the moon to her friends. “I think Lavita is the one whose associated with the moon, because among the four of us, she’s the one who really values time and is full of wisdom. She often guides us to what is right or wrong that leads us to understand things well.”, she said.

“I think Lavita is somehow like Selene, the goddess of moon, because her personality really resembles Selene.”, Carsten agreed.

Carsten and Sabrina re-searched about the moon and the goddess, Selene even more, hoping to find some more information that might help them. They soon got tired so they decided to stop for a while to take a rest. “We’ll figure it out Sab, trust me.”, Carsten smiled.