Chapter XIII

Lavita

  “W-Wait, what?!" Lavita shouted out of confusion. “Marry Romeo, the prince of Montague? Yes, I’m starting to fall in love with him but I am not yet ready. I don’t even know him well yet!”, Lavita said at the back of her mind then she turned to look at the prince, only to find him happily staring at her.

  Romeo took his glance off the princess and he spoke to the king seriously. "Your Majesties, I promise that I will do my very best to make your daughter, Princess Lavita happy and loved, with all my heart.”, the prince kneeled in front of the king and queen and he bowed down respectfully.

  The monarchs smiled at Romeo and nodded then they left Lavita with him.
Lavita is still not ready to talk to Romeo so she got out of the castle. She went to the kingdom’s large lawn but Romeo followed her there.

  Even after minutes of walking, Lavita was still uncomfortable with the presence of Romeo so she asked to be left alone. After Romeo left, Lavita sat down on the garden’s long seat as she pondered about the upcoming big event, that will surely change her life, for better or for worse.

  “Should I tell them to cancel the wedding? Will I make a plea? But Romeo looks so excited about it, ugh!”, she uttered frustratedly.

  She sadly watched the sun setting down the sky to make her frustration go away but it didn’t help for she just became homesick that made her even sadder. Lavita felt her emotions consuming her and as she was about to go back back the castle, a very strong wind had blown all over the place, Lavita suddenly heard a piercing voice, "Stop hesitating, child. Follow your heart.”, the cold and sharp voice whispered on her ears.

  Lavita was startled, she looked around her to search for where the voice is coming from.

  “Who’s there? Don’t make fun of me, please.”, Lavita shouted, trying to hide her fear from showing, but a pang of silence was the only reply.

  She just convinced herself that it was just her own imagination scaring her, that maybe it was just an after-effect of her mini-emotional break-down earlier, nevertheless, deep-inside her, she knew that it is something more indecipherable. She stopped her thoughts from there on, she just stared straight at the sky again, but this time, it was dreadfullt dark, as if something big was about to happen, and just like that, she finally made a decision.

  "I can't back out now.", Lavita told herself.

  After days of waiting, it was finally the time for the awaited Big Day of their lives. Lavita was in her room, garbed with her wedding gown. "You look very gorgeous in that dress, Your Majesty.", a maid praised her while it was prettifying her hair. Lavita thanked the servant.

  She then looked at herself at the mirror, and to her surprise, “Wow. Is this really me? All I ever wear before are plain t-shirts, knee length pants, and some skirts. I have never imagined that I will be wearing a wedding gown this early.”, “Princess?”, one of the servants snapped Lavita out of her thoughts as she told her that it was time.
Romeo was excited for that day is the day that he will be wedded to the princess that he truly loves.

  The church door had opened, revealing a very mesmerizing lady clothed with a white mock-neck collared wedding gown, particularly and perfectly designed for her.

  “Oh, what a very breathtaking woman. Is she really my wife? I will never ever forget this moment”, Romeo whispered to his self, emotionally.

  Lavita walked nervously towards the aisle. There she saw the dapper-looking prince standing, patiently waiting for her. “You look beautiful, Princess Lavita.”, Romeo expressed his admiration to his soon-to-be wife, with a smile. Lavita greeted him back nervously. The ordained minister began the ceremony as soon as they have reached the altar.

  The couple soon exchanged their vows and had worn each other's rings. "Do you, Prince Romeo Montague II, takes Princess Lavita Haymer to be your wife? To cherish her in friendship and in love, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and to honor her, to love her faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with her on this day?",  the priest asked. "I do, father.", Romeo replied, undoubtedly.

  “And do you, Princess Lavita Haymer, takes Prince Romeo Montague II to be your husband? To cherish him in friendship and in love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with him on this day?”, the priest turned to Lavita.

  But Lavita was dazed in confusion, “Is this really the right thing to do? Do I really want this to happen?”, the confused girl asked herself anxiously.

  "I-I.." , she let out a stutter, looking to everyone with guilt in her eyes, they all looked at her confusingly, ”I- I have to go, I'm sorry!", Lavita ran out of the cathedral.