Chapter XII

Isla

  When the morning came, Isla fixed her things up to prepare for going to the hospital. After that, she finally went to her clinic. To her surprise, she saw Grayson going out on one of the doctor’s clinic, he eventually walked his way through the hospital’s car park.

  Isla followed Grayson to the parking lot find out more about him and what happened to the wedding.

  Plus, the fact that she realized that Grayson was the one who had sent her the text message and who had given her the Sun necklace that caused her shed of tears for it led her to remember her memories with his late and ever-loving grandmother, whom she’s very close of, and who always tell her that she is the ‘Sunshine’ of everyone’s lives.

  So, while Grasyson was about to enter his car Isla pulled him and confronted him. Grayson became a little bit surprised when he saw his ex-fiance.

  Isla started to speak and she began by saying, “Okay, you’re right!, We have been in a relationship before and we almost got married, and I may look like a fool to you now by talking to you about this, but may  I just  ask you about what really happened to our wedding? Like, why did we cancel it? Why did we broke-up, huh Grayson?”, Isla questioned him eagerly.

  “Oh, really, Isla? Do you had an amnesia that’s why you cannot remember? How ironic that you are the reason why we broke up but then you’re the one who doesn’t remember it at all? Hah! You're making me laugh. By the way, I have to go now, I still have many things to accomplish that is certainly more important than to do this stupid thing with you.”, Grayson stated angrily and then he opened his car and went out quickly.

  Isla was left dumbfounded by how Grayson acted. She was still thinking about it when someone suddenly pulled her and took her to a place where there is no one around.
She was shocked and there she attempted to scream, but the person who captured her, put a large handkerchief around her mouth, so she couldn't do anything but to cry.

  There she saw a woman who is wearing black clothes from head to toe with a large-sized shades, so that she’ll not be recognized by anyone. The woman started to speak.

  “Hush now, Isla. I’m not here to harm you. In fact, I am here to help you get back with Grayson again by telling you this, so you better listen.”, the woman told her. Isla nodded nervously. The woman soon took the handkerchief off of Isla’s mouth as she began telling her the story.

  “Before, Grayson was very poor and his mother was suffering from cancer. Grayson wanted to be able to help her mother with her illness but they had no money. So, he asked for his father’s help. Her father, Mr. Ahmad Huxley is indeed, a very rich man. But Grayson is just his child with another woman, an illegitimate one. Mr. Huxley didn't know him yet so he introduced himself as his son.”

   ”As I have said, Mr. Ahmad is a well-off man. But he had his own insecurities. As you know, Mr. Huxley is jealous to your family, Isla, because yours is more successful than his, and so your family became rivals. So, they had an agreement, but he did not tell her mother about the consequences that will happen in exchange of her treatment bills. To help freshen up the memory, Isla, although I’m sure that you know this, because this is the reason why you cancel the wedding, am I correct?”, the lady declared.

  “Well, you became aware of the truth that Mr. Ahmad asked him to make you fall in love in exchange for his mother’s medication money, plus if he’ll be able to do that then, he will be recognized as one of his father's child, thus he’ll also be well-known, just like his father. He will get the money, the fame and the power, too, sure win for him, right?”

  “And so, Grayson’s first plan is to befriend you until you became comfortable and secured with him on your side, so certain with his presence that you’ll not notice that you are slowly spilling all of your family’s secret with him, the son of your family’s mortal enemy. Well, it succeeded, the next thing is that you've been in a relationship. After that, you became engaged and Grayson had learned more about you and your family. But, he soon realized that he has fallen deeply and truly in love with your family especially to you. And now that he was genuinely in love with you, he planned to stop his father’s bad plans to your family. He continued to be your lover and he continued your relationship, but with real feelings this time. However, Grayson wasn’t aware that his father’s staff was spying on him. He told his dad he didn't want to do what he was told to do anymore but his father disagreed drastically because he knew that Grayson already knew about your family’s confidential matter. But no matter how much Mr. Ahmad insisted for him to reveal your secrets, Grayson didn't spoke it out.”, the woman continued seriously.

  “Grayson thought that he won over his father because his father had already given her the money for his mother. And to make the long story short, the two of you should have been married by now, but before your wedding a man suddenly talked to you and he told you about all the plans that Mr. Ahmad and Grayson will be doing to you and your family’s secrets. He also said that Grayson had a bloody plan for you on your big event, so you decided to left him at your wedding and you went out with your parents. But this said “bloody plan” has no basis, it was just one of Mr. Huxley’s plan to tear the two of you apart. Grayson found out that you are going out of the country so he follows you but he wasn’t able to get to you because you are already gone so he was devastated. He has grown angry because of you.".

  Isla didn’t know how to react, “B-but, who are you? Why are you telling me all off these things?”, Isla stated questioningly.

  “Let’s just say that I’m an insider from the Huxleys. I had witnessed how Grayson became really sad after you left him and he has been like that up until now. Grayson is a very good person and a loving son, even though Mr. Ahmad isn’t reciprocating his affection towards him. And, I, as a long-time servant of their family, cannot stand seeing him like that anymore, so I came here to talk to you. I guess, I said all that you need to know, so if you’ll excuse me.”, the woman left quickly.

  After the woman left, Isla was still stunned, she cannot help but to think about what the woman told her, again and again until she processed it all out.