Chapter X

Lavita

“Princess Lavita rise and shine, King Luther and Queen Victoria wants to talk to you.”, the servant whispered while waking up Lavita. She opened her eyes slightly to see who is waking her up. She immediately got up to prepare herself before going out to talk to the king and queen whom she’s unfamiliar with. Lavita felt nervous because that will be her first time to see a king and queen, in real time.

  She walked to the hall to meet the monarchs. When she is finally there, she saw a very handsome man with a shining golden crown on his head together with his very beautiful wife with a sparkling gold-colored tiara on her head. “Whoa.”, Lavita was amazed to see the king and queen for she only saw royalties like that on televisions.

“Lavita, darling, what took you so long to wake up?”, the queen asked Lavita.

“Uhm, I over slept, I-I’m sorry.”, Lavita said nervously, overwhelmed by the fact that she is indeed in front of two famous rulers in Medieval Times.

“Why do you look so nervous, my princess? Is there something bothering you?”, the king asked, “N-no-”, Lavita didn't finish speaking when the queen replied, “I think she is just upset because we didn’t get to be with her last night. Oh darling, we're so sorry if we are not with you.”, the queen replied.

“Yes, we apologize. As it goes, we didn't get to have some time with you last night for your mother and I became so busy entertaining the guest. And because of that, we have decided that we’ll be doing our get-together for today. Besides it has been a long time since we had our last rendezvous.” , the king explained, “Yes, that’s right so you better get ready because we will be  riding out later.”, the queen said, "Okay, sure!”, Lavita answered awkwardly.

They finally got to their destination, at the famous Merios horse barn- a popular horseback riding place on their empire. Lavita was astounded to see the place because she thought that “riding out” means to ride a chariot or some sort of a girly thing. She also doesn’t have any idea about riding a horse. And while at the place, they were all surprised to see that Romeo is also there.

  "Oh, it's nice to see you again, your majesties.”, Romeo said while bowing down. They began choosing their horses and they went to the wide field after to ride their handpicked horses.

However, Lavita is not a good equestrian, so she just pretended to know everything about riding a horse to avoid having problems with the king and queen. Lavita is aware that most princesses in that time is a good rider, and she knows that she will be doomed if she’ll admit that she doesn’t know how to ride a horse.

They soon climbed up on the horse to ride on it, and as how she expects things to be, Lavita fell while riding on the horse. But inspite of that, Romeo, who’s alongside her caught her in a swift, but he also lost his balance which caused the both of them to fall on top of each other.

“Goodness! Are you alright, Lavita?”, the king and queen her ran to help Lavita and asked her concernedly. “Yes, yes, don’t worry about me it's just I don't know how to ride a horse. I've never ridden a horse before.”, Lavita admitted shyly.

Victoria and Luther were confused because they knew that Lavita is a good horseman ever since she was a child, but to avoid wasting their bonding time, plus to aid the injured girl, they didn’t mind what Lavita had said and they just let Romeo help Lavita with it.

And so, Romeo helped Lavita and he taught her carefully about how to ride a horse, they used the same horse again and again and they rode on it together. Lavita is in front while Romeo is at her back, guiding her.

Lavita had a hard time hiding her overwhelmed emotion at the moment, she realized that her feelings for Romeo is gradually changing into a genuine kind of love that is getting deeper and deeper as time goes by.

After riding for quite some time, they stopped and from there, Lavita was very amazed, she cannot believe that she finally knows how to ride a horse. She decided to thank Romeo for teaching her, “Thank you so much, Rome-“, but when she look back to extend her gratitude to Romeo, she realized that their faces are very near to each other, it looks like they were about to kiss,.

Lavita didn’t get to finish her statement because she was stunned, because of that she left Romeo and she ran as fast as she can towards the king and queen.

“My, my, do you really think that we were not able to see that, huh, Lavita?”, the king stated causing Lavita’s face to turn red.

Romeo, whom Lavita left alone also ran towards them. “I think it should be this coming Friday, Luther.”, Victoria spoke out. “Oh, yes,yes. I agree.”, Luther replied happily. “Excuse me? What are you talking about?”, Lavita interrupted.

“Your wedding day!”, the majesties joyfully replied.

“What?!” , Lavita’s eyes widened in surprise.