Chapter XVII

Sabrina

  Together, they went to the woods while carrying Zatanna and Isla’s body, Lavita decided to went with them, even though she’s still drained from all the events that happened. They soon found the secret portal, which is their only way towards their friends’ dream. The secret door only opens whenever there is a syzygy happening.

  “We had solved the puzzle of Zatanna’s dream by pouring the red potion, while you and Lavita were catching-up earlier, and we found out that Zatanna is in great danger.”, Hannes stated. “As of now, your friend, Zatanna is on the hands of a lunatic called Alfred Cohen, who is behind the murder of a man named, Jaziel Forth.”, he added.

Zatanna

  “A-Alfred? Y-you are the murderer! I need to tell the truth to the police!! AAAHH!!!”, before Zatanna could run, Alfred beat her in the stomach and strangled her, he then tied her to the sofa and slapped her hardly.

“Help me! Aacck-“, Zatanna cried and screamed while Alfred is still strangling her to death.

  “Why, my love? Am I doing anything wrong to you? HAHAHAHA”, Alfred let out a demonic laugh. He soon stopped choking her and asserted that, “Yes you’re right, I’m the one who killed that Jaziel Forth, AHAHAHA!”

  “But baby, I only did that because I’m protecting you from him, Jaziel’s gonna make you his. I’m afraid that he’ll hurt you in the end. Don’t you remember when we made a pinky-promise back when we were 12? You said that it will be gonna me and you until the end , so you see? It’s very clear that he’s taking you away from me and I will not let him destroy our relationship, baby, so don’t you dare defend that Jaziel anymore. But if you really want to be on his side instead of mine, then I might just, end you next, you don’t want it, do you?”, Alfred asked Zatanna frighteningly.

  “You’re really losing your mind, Alfred! To protect me?! Really?! It’s the other way around Alfred because I should be the one protecting myself, not from anyone but you! And I think the best thing that you should do is to just protect you and yourself alone because I will tell the police and Jaziel’s family about all of these immorality of yours! They will find these all out sooner than you could ever think of, Alfred. I’m afraid they will do things to you, probably even more distasteful than what you did to their son. And oh? That pinky promise? I’m sorry to tell you but I am not afraid to break promises especially when a person deserves an unfulfilled vow. And lastly, you said that you will kill me next right? Well then do it, do what you want because I know that there’s no one who will grieve for me when I die, except you, because you love me right? But if you really love me then why will you even hurt me? Oh, sorry I realized that it’s because it’s not really true love at all but just plain obsession.”, Zatanna said and chuckled weakly.

  She pretended to be unbothered and she started to ignore Alfred but deep inside her, is a poor girl, screaming for help. Zatanna is still in the sofa when Alfred suddenly sat down in front of her and he brought out a long-bladed knife, which he eventually used to hurt Zatanna.

  “Here’s what you get for disrespecting your man, Zatanna”, Alfred stated. He cut down Zatanna’s cheeks and the pitiful girl was not able to do anything but to scream and cry, her loud howl filled the entire room of Alfred. Alfred continued harming Zatanna when they suddenly heard a police siren wailing outside the house, “What’s happening?! Did you call the police, woman?!!”, Alfred hollered at Zatanna enragedly.

  Not answering the psychotic Alfred, Zatanna whispered something to herself, “I knew it...”, and then she closed her eyes in weariness.

Carsten

  “But how will we be able to open this portal?”, Sabrina asked. “There’s has been an invocation in the Apantisi which appeared earlier when you and Lavita were in the room. And whether you believe it or not, I’m starting to think that the Maiden is helping us, because if she really is the one behind that book, then why is she giving us clues if she really wants us to be apart from our friends?”, Carsten imparted.