Chapter XIX

Sabrina

  “Don’t worry about me..”, Lavita said with a soft smile. “Wait, Lavita!”, Sabrina cried whilst holding Lavita’s hands tightly. “I’m gonna be fine, Brina.”, Lavita replied before running away from her. “No, don’t leave me, Lavita!!”, Sabrina screamed, and then it all disappeared, she found herself gasping for air.

  “You’re dreaming of her again, love?”, Carsten was the first person she saw when she opened her eyes. “Yes, it didn’t stop. It’s just that, after all these years, there’s still this part of me, hoping that she’ll come back. But I know that it’ll never happen again, no matter how much I cry myself out every night, Lavita will never return.”, Sabrina uttered gloomily while hugging her man, Carsten.

  “I think you’re just missing her, Sab. But, I’m just curious, because  we all know that after all these years up to now, that you don’t really mention Lavita at all, except when you’re having those kind of dreams, about the two of you.  So, aren’t you really making any move to see her again? I know that there’s something in your mind, Brina. And you haven’t really moved on from that night, right?”, Carsten spoke out.

  “You’re right.”, Sabrina replied with a weak smile. “I knew it! Well, if you really miss her, I think this is the perfect timing for me to share this advice of mine that I have been planning to talk to you about for quite some time now.”, Carsten replied happily.

  “And what is that?”, Sabrina asked Carsten. “5 years ago today, you did what to save Isla? Lucid-dreaming right? Well, I suggest that you do it again! Who knows?  You have found Isla and you have gotten into her dream successfully before, and by just looking at that, no doubt that there’s really a great possibility that you’ll also be able to do that again, but this time, with Isla’s dreams, and that will only be possible if you’ll just give it a try. Yes, I’m aware that it will be risky, that’s for sure, but I also have a trust in you and your capabilities, Sabrina. I know that you can absolutely do it”, Carsten said eagerly.

   Sabrina was stunned, because after they have lost Lavita, she also lost trust within herself. After that dreadful event, she started to think that she’s useless because she wasn’t able to make Lavita stay with them.

  But now that her valiant-self is slowly coming back through the help of her best boon companion turned boyfriend, Carsten Ebony, Sabrina have finally made up her mind that she’ll bring back the undaunted woman that she was, and she realized that one of the way towards it is to avoid running away from her problems anymore, instead she should learn how to fight and solve them bravely, just like what she have done before.

  She remembered that her family is always there for her, that is another reason why she decided to get back the strength and courage within herself, her qualities that she will surely need when overcoming the tribulations that will surely come her way.
She then moved towards her study table and she opened its drawer.

   She put out a letter written by Lavita, it was the latter’s farewell message to them from 5 years ago, and the message read, “Sabrina, Carsten, first off all, I’m really sorry for doing this to you, after all your hardships in saving me and this is what I’ll give you in return. I know that this is very cruel and unkind of me, but I really need to do this. Isla, unlike you who will meet your man again in the future, I will never be able to be together with my love, again, unless I do this, for we all know that Romeo lives in the past, that is why I think that this is the only option left for me to take and I don’t wanna miss this. Plus, it’s very obvious that our fate is absolutely opposite with one another. You’re lucky for you will get to see that Grayson again without leaving the people important to you behind but it’s not just the same with me, and it hurts. Yes, I know that past is past and we should never keep on bringing it back, but instead we should move forward to our present life, just like what you three are always telling me. But really, it’s not that easy, especially when you are all the one here in my situation right now and I know that you all can say that easily because you’re not the one in my shoes. While we are facing all of these challenges altogether, didn’t the fact that I am the most unlucky among us, cross your minds, like not even close? I’m being like this because I know that you all guys, have a far more better future than me. And I think that if you really want me to be happy, you should let me go. Don’t get me wrong, I love you all but I think this is really not the place and time for us to be together-forever, in some other lifetime, I guess? Anyways, to sum it all up for you, friends, I have decided to come back to the world that I got in to, to be together with my Romeo, Queen Victoria, and King Luther, again. After I ran away from their world, I truly have missed them big time and I realized that I shouldn’t have left them there without bidding any goodbye. Because even if I had just spent a short time with them, they easily became one of the great things that God had given me. And they are not just my new found loved-ones because they became one of my greatest inspirations in life as well. I will forever cherish the moment that I got to share with you all, I hope for all of your successes in life, in the near future. Always remember that I love you all and I’ll miss you.”, Sabrina had ended reading the letter with tears unceasingly falling down from her eyes.

   After a while, she decided to finally follow Carsten’s ideas so she quickly went again to their treasury room to find the things she’ll need. “Long time no see, my friends.”, Sabrina greeted the things inside the room and she began to look for a lot of ancient candles, and sacred salt. When she finally got all of the stuff she’ll need, she went back to her room and set-up everything. When everything was done, she lied-down on the bed and prayed, hoping to find her long-lost friend again, “I have high hopes that I’ll see you again, Lavita.”, she said then closed her eyes until she finally fell asleep.

Lavita

*5 years ago

  Lavita had decided to left her friends for Romeo. She was ashamed by her decisions but at the same time, she didn’t regret it because she knows that if she will not do that, then she will never ever get to come back to their Kingdom anymore.
But before doing that, “All I feel is remorse when I left you all Romeo, I’m such an idiot for doing that, but at least I got to have a precious moment with my best-friends again, even though it’s for the last time. I feel guilty about my decision but I don’t have any other choice, this is now or never. Because even if I just met you and the king and queen for a very short period of time, you all got to fill this large void inside my heart, more than my friends ever did.”, Lavita talked to herself’s reflection at the mirror in Sabrina’s room, imagining that she is talking to her Prince Romeo, face-to-face.

   After her little monologue, she looked around the room and she saw the bed of Sabrina together with all the candles and salt around it. “Wait…”, Lavita covered her mouth in astonishment for she suddenly thought of something. “What if I try?”, she asked herself. After few minutes of thinking, she had made a very risky decision, and that is, she’ll try to lucid-dream. She wrote a farewell letter to her friends, first. She took a pen and a piece of paper from Sabrina’s study table and she wrote her goodbye message.