18. The Warmth In Snow

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Elianna's Bedchamber

Elianna

She snuggled close to the source of warmth beside her but frowned when she couldn't seem to find a comfortable spot. A sudden gruff, masculine voice sounded and her eyes flew wide open to see a chest in front of her. She immediately realised that she was lying next to Rowan and more importantly, both of them were bare. He had held her so close that she could feel him straining thick and hot against her abdomen.

"You're awake?" his voice was raspy with sleep.

He buried his nose into her hair and when he breathed, she could feel his hot breath tingling her scalp. She hid her face in his chest and nodded slightly. Her thoughts flew straight to the unbelievable things she had done last night. Beyond overwhelmed, she simply lost control over herself.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked tenderly, scrunching his fingers lightly in her messy and tangled brown locks. He planted a kiss into her hair and waited patiently for her to speak.

"Yes," she squeaked quietly. "I'm sorry."

"Please never apologise," he said. "I want to care for you, love."

She stayed close to him, breathing in the air that was filled with the scent of sandalwood and mint which uniquely belonged to him. Everything about him puts her at ease and this was something she hadn't felt before growing up alone. She felt that everything was weighing on her shoulders and for the first time, it felt really nice to have someone to lean against. His hand moved from her hair down to her neck and his fingers traced idly down the length of her spine. She shuddered a little but moved close to his touch.

"Would you like to go to town with me today?" he mentioned.

"Why do you need to go to town?" she asked curiously.

"Usual inspections." He rested his hand on the curve of her waist and his thumb skated across her slightly sensitive skin. She let out a soft sound and reached out to stop his hand from moving further.

"Is it okay for me to follow you?" she frowned, placing his hand back on her back.

"We can head out for some fun when I'm done," he let out a small laugh.

"Then, I shall tag along," she chuckled in response, agreeing to him almost immediately. This may also be a good opportunity to keep her thoughts away.

"I'm heading back to prepare and I'll see you in a bit, love," he placed a gentle kiss on her lips and moved towards the edge of the bed. He picked up his robe to put it on before leaving her bedchamber to get ready for the trip to town.

She waited for him to go before she went to the changing room to grab something to wear. Tightening the knot on her robe, she stood near the portal and called out, "Thunder, are you there?"