30. Heartwrenching Reunion

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Elianna

When daylight arrived, Naailah had her guards to escort them to the residence that she had prepared for Elianna outside the Royal Grounds. On the carriage, Naailah gave her a brief description of the house and it was as though she knew her well enough not to prepare anything too extravagant.

Once they arrived, the guards helped to unload some of the things that were prepared ahead of time. Kiran and Jana were also helping out to unpack the things and get the place done as soon as possible. While everyone busied themselves, Naailah held onto her hand and guided her to the side. She said, "I'll show you around the residence."

Elianna nodded in response and allowed Naailah to take her around. They walked through the courtyard together, and she patiently explained the details of everything around her. Then, she caught a hint of lilacs in the passing desert breeze.

"Kiran told me that you like lilacs," Naailah mentioned, stopping in their footsteps while they continued to enjoy the scent of lilacs coming from the bushes that lined the sidewalks of the courtyard.

"I do," she smiled.

"Elianna," Naailah called out to her, but her tone felt a little tentative.

"If you have anything you would like to know or say, please do tell."

"Can I visit you often?"

"Of course you can," Elianna laughed.

"Really?" A sudden spike of excitement was dosed in Naailah's voice.

"Definitely," she assured.

Entering the qa'ah, it was always an extraordinary feeling when the air suddenly seemed to lift itself and wrap around the person who walks through the main door, extending a soft welcome through the simple gesture. It still bugged her that she wouldn't be able to see because it would've been a spectacular sight of this wide space with the gentle warmth she felt that must've been from the sunlight that flooded through the ornate mashrabiyyahs that lined the opened arched windows.

Naailah brought both of them into Elianna's quarters and they settled down at the seating area. Her hands fiddled with the luxurious material of the textile beneath her. Now, she had second doubts that this house definitely is more extravagant than she initially thought through Naailah's descriptions.

"Don't fret over it," Naailah said, as though she had figured out her worries. "Except for the more expensive materials, everything is normal and simple. Your residence blend in just well with the rest of the townhouses."

"You don't have to go on such lengths to help me," Elianna responded.

"You're a precious friend," Naailah replied.