35. Last Farewell

"for you, i would." 

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Thunder

When Thunder returned to the house again, he caught Kiran walking out from the dining hall. She nodded at him in acknowledgement of his presence and he stopped her to ask, "Had she returned to her room?"

"Yes, Elianna had requested for Jana to take her back," Kiran said, before continuing, "Can I say something?"

"Please do," Thunder responded.

"Please don't be so harsh on her. The whole thing had been really hard on her too," Kiran breathed a soft sigh. "When I found her in the midst of Meissa Palace's garden, she was all alone and helpless."

"I know," Thunder muttered in a low voice. "I was frustrated only because Eli always felt that she owed it to every one of us. For all that we had done for her, she carries it on her shoulders like a heavyweight."

"She loves all of you and that's why she did what she did," Kiran reminded.

"That silly girl," he tutted.

"To err is human, Thunder," Kiran chuckled. "I hope both of you can talk it out and release the tension."

"Thanks, Kiran."

"I consider us family," she smiled politely and headed into the kitchen.

Standing in front of her door, he hesitated to enter when he heard her sniffling and her muffled cries from the inside. Remorse consumed him, knowing that she grew up only having everyone walking away from her and he did that on her, twice even.

At this moment, he had wished he could punch himself in the gut. From all the years he had known her, he understood well that instead of lashing out at the people she loved, she would choose to cry alone by herself. I'm a darned prick. He scolded himself harshly.

Pushing on the door slowly, he entered into her space. Elianna was all curled up by the corner of the sitting area with her head buried into the soft cushion as she cried. Her sharp senses caught him immediately when he entered and she hurriedly threw the cushion aside and wiped away the tears discreetly. Clearing her throat, she asked, "Kiran?"

"Eli, it's me," he muttered, truly repentant.

"Thunder, I—"

"I'm sorry," he apologised, walking close to her as he settled down in front of her. His hand reached to wipe tears away from the corner of her eyes and he said, "Please don't cry anymore."