19. Hamley's Research

Iftia: On the way to Royal Medical Department

Elianna

Two weeks had passed since she went to Nix with Rowan. Since then, it had become warmer as Iftia gradually welcomed summer. Snowstorms were less often even though temperatures still remained low and it snowed at times. 

Walking towards the main door of the Royal Medical Department, Elianna chattered in cold and every exhalation fogged the air with misty plumes. She clasped her gloved hands together and made her way through the main door of the Royal Medical Department and went straight to Professor Hamley's office. 

"Professor Hamley?" she carefully pushed opened the office door before entering. 

"Lady Elianna." As usual, Professor Hamley always welcomed her with a wide smile. "I've been wanting to have a chat with you."

"I heard about your research," she mentioned. 

"That's what I would like to discuss with you," he gestured for her to have a seat at the couch. She did as she was asked and helped herself to the tea that was prepared for her. 

"It would be great if you could help me out with the research. There's a lot of work going on and I can't possibly run all the errands myself," he requested. 

"What can I help you with?" she asked. 

"My family runs a hospital in Nix and I would need you to help me out to run some errands to oversee and collect some patient's medical records and samples from time to time."

"Sure," she nodded. "I can help you with that."

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Nix, Town Streets

Thunder

The moment Thunder left the Royal Grounds, he transformed into his human form and roamed the streets in Nix. His gaze remained sharp, observing carefully every corners and shop but still unable to find any visible trace of Elizabeth and her knights. 

It had been a month since they were said to have arrived in Iftia. He could neither find their lodging or even spot them travelling along the streets. They had laid low this time, covering their own grounds carefully and it worried him. Dread sat heavily on his shoulders as he knew that each passing second that he held no information on them was a chance for them to devise a better plan to hunt Elianna down.

More than the promise that he had made to Jason to protect Elianna, Thunder had sworn to himself that he would protect his family with all that he had. He closed his fingers into a tight fist before stepping into the shadows of a dark alley and continued to observe every corner of the town. 

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Study