21. Seized And Captured

Iftia: Nix, Dark Alley

Elianna

That was so careless of me, to be fooled by glamour magic.

The man who disguised himself as Tristan held her tightly in a choke and covered his hand over her mouth, muffling any sounds that were made. She moved together with her captor, careful with the hand around her neck because a wrong move on her part would most likely cause a deathly snap on her neck. 

They moved down the dark narrow path, between stone walls that stood tight together. Each step they took thudded into loud echoes that ricochetted from one side to the other. Soon, they disappeared from the light and walked into complete darkness. Nothing about the tenebrosity of shadows frightened her, but it was what that awaited her on the other side of this alley that caused her heart to quicken.

She counted the number of steps they took together before they were soon met with a few more men in front of her. Par for the course, she recognised every single one of them. Elizabeth knights. Her eyes went straight towards the one she known as Quinn and began taunting, "Still haven't learnt your lesson?"

"You don't look so good yourself," he hissed through clenched teeth.

"Just don't cry if I get to kick your ass later," she provoked. "Or maybe you won't have time to cry."

Triggered, Quinn leaned forward, wanting to take a swing at her but was stopped by another knight. At this moment, Elizabeth stepped out of the shadows and Elianna's attention directed towards her, unamused.

"We meet again, sister," Elizabeth said, emphasizing on the last word. Elianna remained indifferent, deep down already expecting that other than her, no one would attempt to capture her in Nix.

"You don't look surprise," Elizabeth mentioned with masqueraded disappointment.

"Elizabeth, let's keep this easy for the both of us," Elianna snapped, voice sharp. "Just let me go."

"Why should I?" Elizabeth crossed her arm in front of her chest.

"You really don't know what's Wynston trying to do, do you?" Elianna scorned. "If you'd want to do it this way, then I'm going to count to three. Let me go or I'll let myself go." 

"I dare you to try," Elizabeth seethed.

"Three."

Everyone waited.

"Two."

They remained, having no intentions to let her go. The man impersonating Tristan was smart enough to hold her by her neck but foolish enough to keep her hands free. She reached for her thigh and grabbed onto the hilt of her dagger in a firm hold. Dragging the last count on purpose, she took a deep inhale.

"Elianna!" Tristan had finally caught up to them and while everyone was suddenly distracted by his arrival, she seized the chance to elbow the man behind her and broke away from his hold instantly. Even when she moved swiftly, she clearly heard the knight cursed under his breath.