681-685

681. We aren't as good at multitasking as we think we are.
Research published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology shows that even when you think you're doing two things at once, what you're actually doing is switching quickly between the two tasks—you're still focusing on one at a time. No wonder it's so hard to listen to your partner while scrolling through Instagram.

682. Late night conversations are more honest as we tend to confess more when we are tired.

683. There is not a person in the world that thinks of themselves as evil.
Whatever anyone does, no one wakes up with the thought that they are truly evil. No person can survive, not yet have motivation to do anything, if they think what they are doing is wrong.
People are unable to to act, completely sober, if they are not doing anything right in their own mind.
People are really good at justifying their errors, so they will find a way to rationalize their deeds in some way. They will either put themselves in a victim role, in a superior role of a savior, or being lead by some higher power.

684. We feel happier when we’re busy.
Imagine that you’re at the airport, and you need to pick up the luggage. In ten minutes, you reach the claim area and immediately collect your suitcase.
And now, a slightly different situation. You find a shortcut and manage to get to the baggage carousel in just two minutes. Then, you spend the remaining eight minutes waiting for your suitcase to appear.
In both cases, it took you no more than ten minutes to pick up the luggage. However, in the second scenario, you probably felt more impatient and dissatisfied. This is due to the fact that our brain dislikes being idle and prefers to stay busy instead. And, for every task completed, it rewards us with dopamine, the hormone of happiness.

685. Genital framing, or when someone hooks their thumbs inside their waistbands on either side of the zipper, is a powerful dominance display, especially for males. Genital framing is a way men (typically) subconsciously assert their dominance.