~Chapter four~

~Chapter 4~

"They've promised that dreams can come true, but forget to mention that nightmare are dreams, too." ~Oscar Wilde

"Come on! We're going to be late!" Shouted my mom from the other room. We were just about to leave for my dads Work party for his work, and my mom was afraid to be late. "Eli! Get your shoes on! We need to drop you off at Jacobs!" My brother was lucky. He didn't have to go to the party. While I was suffering, he would probably be playing on his friends play station.

"I'm coming mom! Just a sec!" Eli yelled back.

As I make my way to the front door where everyone was at, I began to have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, as if something was about to go wrong. But I just pushed it away and put a fake smile on---

I wake up, not wanting to finish that dream. When I look at the clock on my bed side stand, it reads '2:35 a.m.'. Great. Now I'm going to be up for the next three in a half hours.
For the next 4 hours I busy myself with little things, like reading, finishing my homework, epically failing at drawing, and playing my guitar. By the time I it's six, I have already gotten ready for school, and am making breakfast for everybody. I decide I want to go by Starbucks and get something sweet, so I write a not to Eli and uncle Markus.

On my way to Starbucks I look to my right, and see the beach. It's bare except for a few joggers that run across the sand. I guess you would have expected that at seven in the morning. As I pull up in the parking lot, I debate between going though the drive-through or just going in side. I decide to go in and just sit down for awhile and wait until I have to go to school.

Mistake number one.

While I'm in line from the corner of my eye, I see the familiar fiery red hair of the girl who tapped me on the shoulder just yesterday, with that Jarred guy, laughing, and having a good time. I keep my head down, and order my drink and give them my name so they can call me when it's done.

Mistake number two.

When the guy calls my name, both there heads snap in my direction, and stare at me. I go up and get my drink and try to walk out as quickly as I can when Taylor yells my name.
"Hey! Isabella! Over here!" she yells. This obviously gets the attention of the half of the people in the shop, the other have just look like there about to go to sleep.
I curse under my breath, wanting to go back in time, and making myself go though the drive-through. I timidly walk over to there table, and they both smile at me. "Hi!" they both say in unison.

"Hello." I reply

"Come sit with us! It's an hour til school anyways, and we were just talking about maybe going to the beach later on, maybe you would like to come?" I swear, that girl is the most chipper girl I have ever met. Jarred just sits there and nods enthusiastically.
I waver a bit before agreeing, and let me tell you. I thought that she was bouncy before, but she literally when though the roof at this.
While I just sat there listening to there conversation, I noticed how Jarred looked at Taylor like a fat kid just saw a crispy cream donut for the first time.

Okay. That was a bad description. But you get what I mean, right?
He looked at he with so much admiration, like he was hanging on to her every word as she yapped along. The best part, was that she didn't even realise it. What I would give to have someone look at me like that some day. But my mom always said,

"Isabella, you are a Disney princess that got lost in the real world, and need a prince to find you. He just got a little sidetracked."

While I got lost in my thoughts I didn't realize Taylor snapping he fingers in my face. I blinked and looked up and he green eyes that were filled with curiosity.

"It's time to go to the prison adults like to call school!" she said with the same enthusiasm as before. I looked at my clock and realized that it was a quarter til eight. I grabbed my trash and threw it in the bin. While I was walking, Taylor stopes me and gave me a piece of paper. I look at it and realized it was a phone number, her phone number.

"Call or text me sometime. It gets kinda boring with him-" she points to Jarred. Who is pouting. "-all the time. Sometimes I need a little time for girl talk if you you know what I mean." she winks, and I give her a grin. I can already feel me loosening up with her. "Anyhoo we'll see you at school!" We both bid a farewell and we race of to school. While I'm on my way, I can't help but think,

Maybe it will be nice having a friend or two.

//AN// hello! I think I'm going to start posting once a week! I don't know the day yet though, so ya..