~Chapter five~

~Chapter five~

School went fine and at lunch I sat with Taylor and Jared. There was no sign of the blue-eyed boy anywhere but to be honest, I don't even know why I was looking. I didn't get a chance to swing by the music room today so that was a bummer but there's always tomorrow.

Right now I'm lay down on my towel in my dark blue bathing suit on the beach in the sun, watching Taylor and Jared fail at volleyball. Theres a gentle wind that's blowing the salty sea air towards us, and you can hear the children laughing and having a good time with their family's. It makes me remember all the times that my dad would take us out on his boat in th-

No. I tell myself. I can't let my memorise take over. I'll just be a big blob of tears. and no one wants to see that.
I come back to reality just in time to see Jared face plant in the sand while trying to dive for the ball. Taylor falls over. But she's laughing.

"Are you aright?" She yells while still laughing. Jared just grunts in respond.

From the corner of my eye I see a group of people headed our way. when I look over at my friends I see that there already looking in that direction with wide eyes. when I fully turn my body, to get a better look, I'm shocked.

Headed our way, was the football jocks and cheerleaders.

The blue-eyed boy included.

They made walked up to them and stopped. I could see some of there mouths moving but I was to far away to hear anything. Once they were done talking, Taylor and Jared gather there belongings and rush over to meet me in the sand. Once they sit down, I can hear there sighs of frustration.

Jared mumbles something under his breath. I think he said 'every time.' but I'm not sure. So I raise an eyebrow at Taylor

She just sighs and says, "Every time we come to the beach we play volleyball. And every time they come and steal the place from us. They don't even play it! They just sit around doing nothing! I think they are just trying to get under our skin." she mumbles the last part.

"Then why don't you take it back?" I question.

She laughs. "Then they would make our life hell at school. Which is stupid, cause' we were just playing it. But you know how 'popular' kids are. they just have to be in control."

I did know that. At my old school, there was this girl named Britney and she just had to have the spot light on her 24/7. One time we both auditioned for Romeo and Juliet, I got Juliet and she got the understudy. Lets just say that she didn't take it well. Also, I ended up with a sprained ankle. it doesn't take a genius to figure out want happed.

She's also one of the reasons that I don't like people. She was my best friend and first day in high school as a freshman, she stabbed me in the back. Literally. Cafeterias have really sharp forks is all I have to say.

"Well that's a bummer then." I said.

Jared has been awfully quiet though out our whole conversation and when I look over at him, I see him scowling at the jocks and cheerleaders. If looks could kill, they would all be on the ground. Dead.

"You know, if your face stays like that too long it will get stuck like that forever?" Taylor jokes to Jared. In response, he just glared at her, making her laugh.

I look over at the volleyball net and see that the were, just like they said, just standing around talking. while I search there group, I catch the familiar pair of blue eyes. when he sees me he smiles, and I look away, blushing.

"What the heck was that?" Taylor said.

"What was what?"

"You blushed when he looked at you!"