~Chapter seven~

~Chapter seven~

1 year.

52 weeks.

365 days.

Today is Friday September 15. The day my parents were killed. I can feel the uneasiness inside my uncles home. We all know what day it's is, yet no one brings it up. He's trying to make it seem like a ordinary day, yet it just makes it worse. For it was just an ordinary day that my parents death occurred.

Every time I close my eyes a brutal flash back appears.

Screams.

Blood.

Blackness.

Silence.

I haven't gotten any sleep for the past two days, and lets just say I look like I could be apart of the The Walking Dead. If anybody were to come up to me they would see dark circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep.

I'm starving.

But I'm to afraid to eat, knowing that I'll just throw it back up.

My uncle said I didn't have to go to school today, knowing I would not be able to keep my eyes open. I've gotten multiple calls and texts from both Taylor and Jared asking were I am and if I'm alright. I just tell them I'm sick with a cold.

Eli also took today off just to be with me and try to keep my mind of things. So far, it's working. Right now, we are playing monopoly and he's kicking butt at it. He just put hotels on both Boardwalk and Park Place.

"You owe me $550 pease." Eli tells me with an innocent smile. I can see strait through it though.

"That's not far! I don't have enough money! Im broke!" I say annoyed. He's probably going to take one of my pieces of land instead.

"Alright, give me Tennessee avenue then." See. Told you.

"No! That's the last one I have left!" I shriek.

"Alright I guess I win then!" Eli smiled triumphantly. I groaned. This is the third time I've lost to him. And every time he when's, his ego gets bigger. And bigger. And bigger.

"Alright I'm done with this game. What should we do?" I ask. Eli just shrugs his shoulders while saying he doesn't care.

As I'm about to suggest a movie but my uncle steps inside the house. "Hey guys! I'm home!" Uncle Markus calls from the front door. Me and Eli both call that we're in the kitchen, and I can hear my uncles foot step grow louder as he nears us.

When I finally see Uncle Markus round the corner, I take in his appearance. He looks like he's having a bad day- like the rest of us. He, like me, also has dark circles under his eyes, and hair in a mess.

He sighs heavily. "Hey, I think I'm just going to order some take out. Chinese sound good?" We both nod our heads yes and he picks up the phone and calls the nearest Chinese restaurant. When he hangs up the phone he sits down at the table with us and we're surrounded by awkward silence.

"So how are you today?" Uncle Marcus asks me quietly.

"Fine." I lie.

"You know, we could get you signed up for a support group or therapy. It's not good, or healthily, to keep your feelings bottled up inside." he says even quieter. Well then. No need to be blunt.

"I don't need to tell my 'feelings' to some random stranger. I'm fine." It came out more harshly then intended. Both Uncle Markus and Eli look taken back from my sudden outburst. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room. I'm not hungry anymore." In reality I'm just scarred Ill throw it back up and then Uncle Marcus will really make me go to a support group for bulimia. Which I would never do.