•Chapter One•

•Italy - Palermo•

(Y/N) ran. Ran as fast as she could. Away from trouble.

-
•(Y/N) was walking home from work.

(Y/N) works at a private hospital. This hospital is called Ospedale Civico Palermo. •

-

I held my purse tight, knowing that wandering around Palermo at night was not the best idea. Palermo is known to have the most Mafia activity in all of Italy regions.

This was the first time that I was walking home to her apartment. Usually, I would have my car, but it was getting repaired.

I was so nervous that I dropped my phone. I sighed, not having the energy to pick it up. Regardless, I  bent down to get it.

And that's when it happened.

Suddenly, I was knocked out cold.

-

Waking up was not pleasant at all. Waking up with a headache is normal for me, but this, this was just brutal. And something felt wrong just by the touch. I wondered why my hands were behind my back, something held them together. I couldn't see either. I guess I was blindfolded.

This could only mean one thing.

I got kidnapped perhaps? Kidnapped by who, I wondered? I kept quiet, knowing whoever the kidnapper was, definitely wasn't friendly.

The sounds of foot steps filled my ears. I tried to be as still as possible. But it was too late, they already knew I was awake.

"Look at the beauty I caught from the streets. Aren't I lucky?"

The footsteps got closer and closer. The smell of strong cologne intoxicated my nose. I wouldn't dare to cough though, even if I wanted to so badly.

The footsteps stopped. "I know your awake, amore," Translation: Love. A man said in a seductive voice. I wanted to throw up. What a pervert. "What's your name?" he asked.

I stayed silent, not wanting to give any The man sighed, "Not going to talk are ya? Well then I'll just beat it out of ya," The man devilishly said.

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s arm stung. A whip perhaps? That hurt a lot. Even so, I stood my guard, not planning to say anything.

"Too bad your smooth skin is gonna turn into something not so smooth," The man laughed. What the hell is this man saying? The next whip struck me on the leg. I groaned, but nothing more.

What sounded like a door opened. I could tell it was metal by the sound of it. They had those at the hospital.

"What are you doing?! You know if Boss finds out about this then he'll kill you with his own hands! You know he doesn't like kidnapping for no reason," Another man spoke. He sounded younger. Maybe around twenty while the pervert was probably around his fifties? Who knows, I'm not an expert.

"He won't find out. And if he does, I'll say it was a job," The pervert spoke. I could tell he was nervous by his voice. Whoever this 'boss' was, was someone really important and scary.

I kept quiet. Waiting how this conversation unfolds.

Suddenly another pair of footsteps walked into the room. It was scary how silent it was. It was then I noticed that I was crying. I could tell my blindfold was lose. It suddenly came off, but I didn't dare open my eyes. Knowing how it came off, the blindfold wasn't taken off by someone, it just was lose and fell. If your going to kidnap someone and put a blindfold on them, make sure you do it right.

How is that even possible? I have no idea.

"Just what are you doing?" A man asked in a rather harsh tone. The sudden voice startled me. Terrificato.. Translation: Terrifying/Scary. Was that to me?

"I was just—" the pervert spoke but was cut off, "Shut your damn mouth," A man growled. He had a much deeper voice than the others, but he didn't sound like an old man.

(How would I describe it..? Maybe an anime villain that's too hot to hate.)

At that moment, I knew. This is the man they feared. The boss. But the boss of what?

I slowly opened my eyes.

Men with black suits and hats. The room wasn't what I thought. It was nice and neat. I looked at the men. One with long straight blond hair, one with grey hair, and one with black straight hair.

One stood out to the rest. The one with the black straight hair looked like someone from the magazines.

Could it be? The Mafia leader, Levi Ackerman?

"Armin, put the fool in the cells. I'll take care of her," The man who was identified as Levi Ackerman spoke.

Before he could turn, I shut my eyes, hoping he didn't see me looking.

"If I may ask sir, what are you going to do with her?" The man who was known as Armin asked. "Such a good heart you have, Armin. If it wasn't for your intelligence, you wouldn't be here," Levi spoke.

"I'm not going to kill her, do not worry," Levi spoke. A wave of relief hit me. I guess I'm not dying today.

Once the door closed, a pair of footsteps came closer and closer. "Don't think I didn't see you look at us," He spoke. I wanted to roll my eyes, but if I did, I would probably be killed. I slowly opened my eyes. "I can see the determination in your eyes, but it is clouded with fear," Levi spoke calmly.

The hell are those choice of words??

"I will let you go. Just because I'm in a good mood today," Levi spoke. Good mood? Wasn't he just yelling at that pervert? That would make me hella pissed.

I didn't dare to speak. "Tell me. What is your name?" Levi asked in a calm voice. Great. It's either my life or my name. Well, so much for not talking. "It's (Y/N)," I spoke surprisingly calmly. "(Y/N)," He repeated.

He walked behind me and suddenly, and untied the ropes that kept my from moving. I was free from the chair. "You now witnessed how cruel we from the Mafia can be. I can't say it's a blessing or a tragedy. That is something you can decide. I'm guessing that purse and phone is yours?" Levi pointed to what indeed are my belongings are.

I nodded. Surely he's going to take something from there? My wallet perhaps? He grabbed my belongings and dropped them in my hands.

"Did the fool whip you?" He asked with a glare. I nodded again. "He will be put to death," He spoke.

Woah.

"Don't get any ideas. I do not care for you. He broke one of the few rules I made," Levi grinned. "Of course not," I finally spoke. He looked at me with curiosity, then turned around to the door.

"Follow me, I'm going to lead you to the outside," Levi spoke. "Okay." I muttered out.

Just what looked like the door to freedom, he turned to me and said, "Tell anyone about this, and you die, (Y/N). I'll always know," Levi strictly spoke.

...

"Okay," I simply answered.

I was expecting a shove out of the door once I walked past him to the outside. I was again wrong. He just stood there, but didn't take his eyes off me. The door closed right after I was outside.

I didn't dare look back.