•Chapter Twenty-six•

Today is my birthday. The first birthday with the Mafia. My guess is that they won't know and I'll just celebrate it by myself. I don't want to be one of those people that always remind people that it's their birthday.

I'm not annoying.

But surely they've read my files when I first joined? Don't be an idiot..that was a long time ago. Plus, Erwin was the one who read them and he sadly passed.

I decided to ignore my birthday and focus on my work. Though I will admit that I'm sad I won't be celebrating it.

"(Y/N)!" Armin came in the door in a rush with a smile. Does he somehow know it's my birthday?

"Ymir and Historia are getting married! Isn't that exciting~?" Armin's in a good mood. Never mind..though I do suppose that is great.

"That's great! I'll be making sure to buy them a gift!" Aren't I supposed to be the one receiving gifts? That sounded more selfish than I wanted it to be. I'm talking in my head, not to anyone.

I'm such an idiot.

After Armin was gone, I focused back to my paperwork. I shouldn't be thinking of myself right now.

As the day went on, the more I became more depressed. Not one person told me happy birthday. I thought of telling someone, but I didn't because I knew I would only be a bother.

I was currently in my quarters, laying on my bed. I could totally go for some cake right now. I wonder if the cafe has some.

Knock Knock

I groan loudly and get up from my bed. I open the door to reveal Jean.

What does he want?

"Jean, haven't seen you in awhile. What's up?" I look at him with confusion. "Not only Erwin looked at your files, I did also. Happy Birthday." I look at him with shock but soon smile at him.

"Thank you. Are you the only one they knows?" I ask him. I see that he hesitates to answer, which brings me to the conclusion that no one else knows. "I uh..no." He tells me.

As expected.

"That's fine." I assure him. I will admit that one hurt. At least he knows. That's the only thing I need. One person to know.

"Well, I'll be in here for the the rest of the day. If anyone needs me, tell them to come here." He nods and we say our farewells. After I close the door, I sigh and lay back in my bed.

Jean quickly goes downstairs to the kitchen.

"It's (Y/N)'s birthday." Jean tells the people in the kitchen. Armin got up and quietly cursed. "That's why she seemed so sad. Dang it!" Armin hits his head. "We're going to throw her a surprise birthday party! How about we set it up in Boss's office?" Hange pushes up her glasses and smiles.

Everyone looks at Levi, who just shrugs in response. "Get everyone she knows. Make sure they buy gifts. You guys have until 7:00pm. That gives you six hours. Armin and I will set up the party once we get our gifts." Everyone looks surprised at Levi's response.

Usually, he's all grumpy and refuses any fun things. Lately, he's been more happy than usual. Everyone was noticing it.

"What are you guys still doing here? Move your asses." Levi instructs.

-

"What's something you've always wanted but couldn't get?" Levi asked (Y/N). She thought about it for quite some time. Her eyes lit up when she figured out what it was.

"A cat." She told him. Levi was quite surprised when she gave that answer. He thought it would be something more big, like a million bucks.

"What about you, Levi? What do you desire the most?" She asked Levi. That was easy to him. He's always wanted..

"A normal life, I guess." Levi told her. (Y/N) smiled at him, "We all want the impossible, Levi." She told Levi.

-

Levi looked at the box he was holding. Once he got back to the base, he put it down in his office and opened it. It revealed a tiny kitten. He had also gotten plenty of things for the tiny feline. He got food and water, bowls for the food and water, and a cat tree that can also can be used for scratching.

Levi once had a cat, so he knew what to get. He didn't get a litter box because he was going to teach it to go to the bathroom in the toilet, like his own cat he once had.

It was a girl and he had already spayed the cat so (Y/N) wouldn't have to. Did he mention he got three cat trees and six bowls. He also wanted a cat, so he decided that he would buy equipment for the cat and put it in his office as well.

Levi set everything up and helped decorating his office. Once he was done, he played with the cat.

"I wonder what she's going to name her.." Levi muttered to himself. He hadn't noticed that everyone was in his office until he looked up.

"Boss, Jean is currently getting (Y/N). Let's get ready." Hange told Levi.

-

"Why does Levi want me to go to his office this late? I'm tired.." I complain out loud. "Who knows. I'm just getting you." Jean told me.

Whatever.

We got to the office and Jean stood back, motioning me to open the door. Once I opened the door, confetti flew in my hair.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled out loud. I wanted to cry, but I didn't.

"I thought you..didn't know??"

Hange ran up to me and hugged me. "Of course we knew! We didn't say anything just because of this!" She lied. I shrugged and went inside.

"Why is that box moving?" I ask everyone. Everyone looks at Levi who just walks over to it and gets whatever is in it. Suddenly, Mikasa covered my eyes with her hands.

Once she let go, I opened my eyes to see the cutest thing I've ever seen.

It was Levi holding a kitten.

"Oh my god." I cover my mouth with my hands. I walk over to Levi and pet the kitten. "You got me a kitten??" I ask him in disbelief. He nodded, "Shes also mine. I bought enough things for the both of us." He told me.

I have no problem with that. The Mafia Kitten.

How cute..

This is one of the best days of my life.