•Chapter Four•

"Yes, we have a new doctor." Levi explained. Erwin sighed, picking up his tea cup and drinking it. "Can we trust them?" he asked. "Well, I heard that it's a girl, correct? We don't have many girls so it's good..I guess." Jean shrugged. "You pervert." Annie mutters under her breath.

The meeting was just like any other when someone new joins the Mafia. Only the higher ups can be in the meeting. They are usually the ones with the most value. It could be intelligence, power, or strength. Those are the top three.

"Here is her information. Quite the hottie." Jean hands over (Y/N)'s information to Erwin. Ignoring Jean's unnecessary comment, he takes the papers and scans them. "(Y/N), was a doctor in a private hospital near here..." Erwin read the papers carefully out loud. "She is twenty seven years old. She was an only child. Her father passed away from cancer, two years later, her mom committed suicide." Erwin read.

Silence filled the room.

"That's unfortunate." Mikasa spoke, clearly startling Hange by the small gasp she made. "She got kidnapped by one of our idiots. He got what he deserved. I'm surprised I saw her again. There she was, helping Eren." Levi spoke. Mikasa stood up swiftly, "Eren?! What happened to him? Is he alright?" she looked panicked and mad. "Sit your ass down, Mikasa. He's fine. (Y/N) is performing surgery as we speak." Levi took a sip of his tea, still looking as scary as ever.

"By the sound of it, she sounds nothing but polite. Can she even defend herself? She'll be killed in a week!" Annie complained. "She's stubborn. I feel like that could help her defend herself. Plus, there are hidden weapons in there. She probably found them, knowing what to do if the day comes." Levi rolls his eyes and leans back into his chair. "Stubborn? Is that so?" Annie raised her eyebrow, interested in what that means.

"There's a safe in there, she said. It's one that contains a key. There's no key in the room, so it has to be somewhere in the quarters. It is not a priority though, so don't waste your breath." Levi explained. "Why is it important, boss?" Reiner asks. "A gut feeling. This meeting is over. Get your asses out of my sight." Levi waves his hand around, telling the people in the room to leave.

-

"Hah. I win again. You really suck at go fish, Armin." Sasha laughs, taking a bite of her bread. "Whatever.." Armin pouts. "I wanna do something. I'm bored. Is the doc done yet?" Sasha complains. Just then, Mikasa approaches the two. "Let me pass. Eren is in there." She demands. "No can do. (Y/N) is performing surgery." Armin blocks the door. Just then, the door opens, revealing a tired looking woman. "I'm done here. He's resting, so if you want to visit him, please be quiet." I smile weakly.

"You look terrible!" Sasha holds back a laugh. "Quiet. I just worked my ass off." I roll my eyes. "Is he okay? What did you do to him?!" Mikasa grabs my arms tightly and looks me dead in the eyes. Not only is she holding my arms tightly enough for it to hurt, she's squeezing right where the whip marks are. "Let me go! I helped him!" I cry out. "Mikasa! You're making her bleed..stop!" Armin pulls Mikasa away from me.

I look at my arm. Full of blood. The hell is this woman's problem? I look back up at Mikasa. For a few seconds, we lock eyes. Her eyes show nothing but rage. I rush back in the doctor's room, get bandage wrap and put it over the bleeding. This place is no joke. I didn't know someone could be so rude. But what can I expect? This is the Mafia I guess.

"What just happened?" I hear a voice behind me ask. Turn around to see a tall man with blond hair. Those eyebrows are crazy big! "Mikasa, why is your hand stained with blood? Are you hurt?!" A woman with short light brown hair asks. I narrow my eyes, waiting for what Mikasa is about to say. All she did was shrug and turn around, walking towards Eren.

Just then, the man with the big eyebrows looked at me. "You must be (Y/N) correct? It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Erwin. Thank you for helping Eren." He smiled. "The pleasure is all mine, Erwin." I smile back. His eyes trail to my arm that was wrapped up in bandage wrap. "What happened there?" He asked. "Oh it's nothing, really." I assure.

I look behind Erwin to see the woman with the short light brown hair look at me dead in the eyes. "So you're (Y/N)? I can't say it's a pleasure to meet you. I'd be lying." she spat. I held back my laugh. Who does she think she is? I smile at her, "Your name?" I ask. She gasps, "I'm Petra! How dare you not know me!" I roll my eyes, "Sorry." I mutter.

She then turns around and walks away. "Sorry about her, she's not too friendly around girls. She thinks they all have eyes for her man." Sasha laughs. "Man? She isn't dating anyone??" Erwin says, confused. "It was a joke old man. I'm talking about Levi. She thinks that Levi likes her." Sasha shrugs. "Ehh.." Armin hesitates to speak.

Who would want to date a man as cold as Levi Ackerman? Scariest man I know that's for sure. What does she even see in him? I get that he's attractive, I'll give him that, but his personality is an all time low. I mean, what can I expect? Girls like that bitch drool over men that are attractive and nothing more. They'll date him only to find out that they're stone cold and break your heart. Let's face it, it's reality.

"Well, I'm going to go unpack my things in my room. I haven't had a break!" I sigh. "Yes. Tomorrow is a big day. You'll need the rest." Erwin nods. Tomorrow's a big day? Wonder what that means. I'll just ask later.

I check my phone to find that it's 9:30pm. It's quite late. "Goodnight, (Y/N)!" Armin smiles at me. "Goodnight." I smile back.