Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The week end was pretty normal. And boring. Swift, like some Saturdays since he went to HSSGC, went out with the Bandits and I stayed at home. But, on Saturday, I got the biggest shock of my life.

The whole group went to our house, where I was on the internet, just bored. When I heard knocking on my door, I shouted for them to come in and Swift stepped in, with the rest of them piling in behind. Tornado stood in the doorframe, with his left shoulder leaning against it, and he had his arms crossed. Swift and Ginger sat on my bed, Ghost and Jen sat in my beanbag and the rest stayed standing up. However many times I looked at all of them, Michelle wasn't there.

"Where's Michelle?" I asked them. They looked at each other as I turned to them in my desk chair. Most of them looked worriedly at Will.

"We broke up." Will shrugged. I immediately looked at Ghost and Swift.

"Did you tell him?" I asked.

"He saw them. Together." Swift said. They all looked like they regretted it all. I looked at Will, worried and apologetic. He looked back and shrugged.

"How long have you known?" he asked the one question I didn't know how to answer. If I said I didn't know until about yesterday, he would know I was lying. If I told him the truth, he'd probably be angry, or hurt. I didn't want to hurt him more, so I opened my mouth but no answer came out. At first.

"I saw them, on Monday." I said. He looked down, so I carried on talking. "But I thought it was you! Honestly! I only saw him from the back and he had a hood on. I mean, I... It was an accident. I figured it out on Wednesday, that's why I ran off. The whole thing just hit me. I wanted to tell you, I just wanted to find out why they did it. And that whole fight wasn't planned if you're wondering." I looked at him and he had a small smile on his face. "I did enjoy it though..." I smiled. Some of them

laughed and the rest of them smiled. Even Will laughed at the end and flashed me a grateful smile. "Anyway, why did you all come round? And why in my room?" I asked Swift. He started to have a devilish smile on his face. I didn't like it...

"Well, I thought there should be at least one good thing in this day... Sal, could you do me a favour?" I looked at him with one of my eyebrows raised. "Could you open one of my desk drawers?" he asked.

"Which one?" I asked. I had my hair up, like usual when I'm at home, and I saw the girls look at me quite a lot. I crossed my legs on the seat without taking my eyes off Swift.

"Just one of them. I couldn't open it since we got it..." he said, secretively.

"Yeah, right. You got it stuck, didn't you?" I asked him with a smile.  He nodded and I rolled my eyes.

I went to my shelf and took two hairpins. I didn't have any in my hair. I crossed to his room and everyone else followed. When I entered his room, I turned to them. "Why are you following me?" I asked.

"We want to know how you're going to open something without a key and with just 2 hairpins..." Geek pushed her glasses further up her nose. I shook my head and crouched down in front of Swift's desk as everyone piled into the room.

I set to work as everyone went silent. When I finished, the drawer opened with a quiet click and I stood up. "Anyway, that's the last time I let you set me up." I said as I got up and turned to Swift, who was leaning against the doorframe. He was grinning and everyone else looked at us, then each other.

"Told you she could do it." I heard Ghost say as he got up. I went to the door, but Swift didn't budge.

"You'll want to hear this." he said.