Chapter 11

When we got to the party, it was already buzzing with people. We were one of the last people to enter the hall, which was decorated, but not over the top. Everything looked great. When we entered, One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful was just finishing and I was feeling the nerves start to kick in. In the end Ginger signed us up as HSSB (Hertfordshire Secondary School Band) and we practiced for ages with Tornado, Will and Ghost in November after we were accepted to play. We were ready, but I had to sing and play the guitar at the same time, in a dress... Well, not my happiest thoughts...

The girls went in first, and then me. Behind them. A spotlight appeared whenever someone entered, and no one missed a new arrival. When I stepped into the light, most gazes stayed on me as I walked to The Bandits' table.

I stood in front of the boys and they looked up at me. They didn't know who I was, as the girls were stopped by friends before they got to the table. I just smiled and Ghost spoke up, as Swift and Carly weren't there yet.

"I'm sorry, are you lost? Which school do you go to?" he asked, normally.

"I'm not lost, and I go here." I replied.

"Where's your date?" Will asked. I smiled at him.

"Right here." I said. He looked confused for a second and then understood.

"Sam?" he got up. I nodded and he quickly hugged me. He held my hand and made me twirl. When I stopped, Ghost and Tornado got up too. They both hugged me too and then the girl's arrived.

Geek went to Tornado, and Jen went to Ghost. I felt sorry for Ginger who denied every boy who asked her to the dance. But, I had a solution. My friend who I went to the same primary school with arrived without a partner and I immediately ran to him.

"Jake!" I got to him. He turned and as he recognised me, we bumped shoulders. I pulled Ginger along with me and now she stood there, quite awkwardly... "Jake, this is my friend Ginger. Ginger, this is my friend Jake." I introduced them. They shook hands, so I continued. "Jake, Ginger denied every boys' invitation. Ginger, Jake denied every girls' invitation." I said. They started talking, so I left them to it, and went back to our table.

Swift and Collins arrived at that exact moment and they walked to our table as well. We started talking when we had to go and set up.

We did so, and I picked up the acoustic guitar, at the same time as Will took the electric one. They could both be wired up to amps, and we put the shoulder strap on. Ginger went to sit behind the keyboard, Ghost put on the bass and Tornado sat behind the drums. We tuned up, and got the party started. It turned out we were the only band who signed up. So, we had to play through the whole night.

We started with some chart songs that we knew people liked and then went back a few years. And I mean few. The oldest song we played was from 2008 I think. When we were in the middle of one of my songs, when I saw Mrs White enter the room, but no one could see her apart from us on the stage. She scanned the room and when she didn't find what she was looking for, went out again. She didn't even bother to check if anyone saw her.

We finished the song at that moment and all of the students and teachers started clapping.

"Thanks everyone, we're going to have a little break, but we'll be back. Have fun!" I said into the microphone as they stopped the applause. The three boys and Ginger looked at me questioningly as I put the guitar on it's stand. I just gave them a look to do it, so they did. When we got off of the stage, the rest of The Bandits were there and I started to talk. "Something's going on. White just came in, looked around and went out again." I looked at them. They looked serious, and they definitely believed me. "I have a feeling she was looking for Dr M. We need to find him. I don't know what she's going to try to do, but we need to stop it." I said. They nodded and Swift took charge.