Hold Me

"Mike, yes, right there. That's the spot!"

How can two people have sex so much in a day, you might ask, but don't worry. It is healthy and a way to not get sick.

Maybe it's to make up for the crazy all night shift we're going to have tomorrow or it's because we both haven't done this in so long.

I'm needy... And as if Mike could read my thoughts:

"I know we're not going to get enough of each other in a day." Mike whispered as he kissed my lips, thrusting harder inside me, letting me call out his name.

I bit my lips, our eyes making contact, his sweat rolling onto my body.

I propped my legs up onto his shoulders, we laughed and screwed some more.

Later on, I reminded Mike that I had to meet my sister at my apartment tomorrow.

He decided to spend the night with me at my apartment and packed an overnight bag with his scrubs for tomorrow.

I suggested that he bring Bear along and he did.

"You're apartment is amazing. This view!" Mike exclaimed as he walked in and looked outside the window.

"I can see my apartment building from here. Wait, you're telling me I could have known you before your residency?" Mike said with a smile.

"Yeah. Maybe even participate in one of your curbside consults." I said and joined Mike at the window.

"Did you?" He asked me.

"I could have, but on the day you were there, I ran past you. I was hurrying to get to my finals."

"I recognized you for a second on the first day of your residency."

"I thought you were one of those gunners in med school at first. I watched you doing everything with that fire and passion and realized that you weren't a gunner, that you genuinely cared about the people you interact with on a daily basis." Mike continued.

"I hated the gunners. They would do whatever they could to be on top, they'd steal people's work. Gunners were crazy." I said and we talked about our med school experiences.

It was late evening when my pager beeped. I groaned in annoyance but called the office to figure out if I was really needed.

"Girl. Someone thought you were on call today. I already let them know that you're off today and so is Dr. Mike. I wonder who wrote the schedule?" Santana, the medical assistant said into the phone.

"Dr. Mike and I are just two people who happened to have a day off. That happens y'know.

"I'm just playing with you. I know how Mike gets around you." Santana said.

I blushed at that.

"Hey Hannah, let's cuddle and watch something on Netflix." Mike said.

His voice was loud and audible.

"Sounds like the doc is in with you." Santana teased.

"Just get back to work." I said to her and hung up the phone.

I went to my couch and cuddled with Mike. He put on Fifty First Dates for us to watch.

Only a guy like Mike would watch that and I love it. I love this, I love Mike.

I love Mike. I love Mike.

"I love you." Mike said and nuzzled his face into my neck close to the end of the movie.

My face lit up as he said that and I told him back, because I really do.

My phone then pinged, my Twitter and Instagram blowing up.

"So this is what happens if you do a video with Dr. Mike?" I teased him.

"I didn't know, I mean I knew that people would love you." Mike said before his phone started to blow up too.

He read the comments out to me:

"Dr. Lance is so cute..."

"That is one hot doctor to fit Dr. Mike's sexiest doc alive record..."

"She's so smart... and sexy."

"I was wearing scrubs, I can't be sexy in scrubs." I said with a laugh.

"You know what... I agree with them, you are hot baby boo." Mike said with a smile.

His smile that radiated a room whenever he walked in.

That wide smile that got to me every time since I started my residency at Overlook

After a while of jokes and teasing and movies, Mike fell asleep.

His thick thighs entangled into mine.

I fell asleep right afterwards.

The next morning, my alarm set off and I cuddled closer to Mike. I just wasn't ready to get up yet.

Mike groaned and pulled me tighter into his arms.

The doorbell then rang and I had to get up to open the door.

When I opened the door, it was Sara.

"I'm sorry to come here so early." She said and smirked at me when Mike appeared in the room with us.

"The mortician called me this morning, said he has to take us early because he's swamped for the rest of the day." Sara said.

"I'll just go shower then and we'll go." I said and tied my hair up into a bun.

"I can come with, to support you guys." Mike offered.

"Yeah, yeah, you can, thank you." Sara said and hugged Mike.

I went to the bathroom and took off my clothes. I brushed my teeth first and minutes later Mike walked into the bathroom.

He brushed his teeth and we went to shower.

After showering we were wrapped in towels and went to my bedroom.

I picked out burgundy scrubs, a lab coat and put on a white sneakers.

Mike was wearing navy blue scrubs.

Mike and I went to his Audi and followed closely behind my sister's car to the funeral home.

Mike held my hand along the way as I took deep breaths.

When we got to the funeral home, we shook hands with a team of morticians and talked a lot.

My sister and I talked to them about funeral dates and we picked out clothes to bury mom in.

Her coffin. Sara and I want to treat our mom like she's the queen. She was the queen of our lives.

Sara and I agreed on a coffin with a royal blue color. The inside was silk, a white color for the fabric.

Mike was there for me as Sara and I picked out an outfit to fit mom in. A funeral date, and a location to host her funeral.

When we were finished, we left the funeral home. Sara went to her hospital, New York Presbyterian Hospital, while Mike and I went to his car and on our way to work.