Burying Mom

Sara and I had set our mom's funeral date as a Saturday.

Today is the day.

I woke up in tears. Mike's pillows soaked in my tears. He got up and pulled me close to his chest, wiping my tears with his hands.

"It's going to be okay, H, I'll be there for you, always." Mike said.

"Thank you." I said and got out of bed to take a shower.

Today I decided on intermittent fasting. No breakfast for me right now, I just didn't have it in me.

I asked Mike not to and he respected my wishes.

Cheerful colors was the theme Sara and I chose for the funeral. I put on an ocean blue dress and Mike insisted that we match and wore a suit that stopped my heart when I saw him.

 I put on an ocean blue dress and Mike insisted that we match and wore a suit that stopped my heart when I saw him

"Is this cheerful enough?" He asked.

I nodded and fixed his tie and clipped on his tie pin.

"You look... nice." Mike stuttered.

"I'm pretty sure I don't but thank you." I said.

He walked closer to me.

"You are beautiful and I mean it." He said.

We then left and went to the church.

At the church, Mike was wondering if he should sit with the family or with friends.

"You are a part of my family, c'mon, you're sitting with me and Sara."

I linked his arms in mine and brought him to sit with me.

A few of my work friends were there to support me, others sent their condolences because they couldn't be there, due to their shifts.

I did cry, and so did Sara. I was mostly happy that I had someone to comfort me through the pain.

I sang a solo at the funeral. I sang See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth and halfway through the song. I broke down in tears.

Sara and Mike ran up and held onto me as I continued throughout the song.

After I was finished, there was a loud clap. I looked and almost fainted.

"What is he doing here?" Sara said with venom in her tone.

"Who is that?" Mike asked.

"That... is supposed to be our father." I replied.

Our father walked down the aisle as if it was the Met Gala, looking at everyone in their rows before he got to ours.

He smiled at me and Sara before going to Mom's casket and making a scene. Crying his eyes out as if he ever cared about her in her lifetime.

In times like this, Sara is always the stronger one. After the casket was carried out to be taken to the burial ground, Sara confronted him.