Chapter one

~15 year old y/n POV~

"Jay!!! Come on!! This isn't funny anymore!!"

I've been looking for my older brother for ages now. We always come to play in the forest behind our house. We've done it all our lives but he's slowly losing interest and only came out with me today because our mom forced him to come out since he'll be going off to college once the summer is over. He's probably ditched me again and left me in the woods and ran home. I'll have to get him back later somehow if that's the case.

"I swear to god jay, if you've gone home I'm gonna take away your Xbox and you'll never see it again!!"

It was the best thing I could think of to say at this present moment. His xbox is his pride and joy and let's no one but himself ever touch the actual console, he treats that thing like a god.

I sighed in defeat when I didn't get a response so I'll think I'll just have to make my way home then.

"Fine!! I'm going home!"

I only shouted just on the off chance he was still hear hiding but that seems very slim right now.

I huffed and started walking through the wooded trees and bushes. It's very green here but I'm not complaining I actually find it very peaceful, it's like a second home. I like to come here and think about stuff especially the negative things in my life, I've always found it calming in a sense. Just listening to the birds sing away and the rustle of the leaves blowing in the wind on a windy day. I like it and I've always liked it here.

To get home I have to walk over a bridge with a very small river underneath. It's barely there but just enough water to called it a river.

When I come to this bridge I always like to stop and watch the little bit of water that the river has left, flow and sparkle from sun light reflecting off the surface

When I come to this bridge I always like to stop and watch the little bit of water that the river has left, flow and sparkle from sun light reflecting off the surface. It just shows how much I love nature and love this woods behind my house. I could live here if I could.

I leaned over the edge of the bridge just to flow a leaf I had my eyes on floating in the water. It was very beautiful, I loved the colour green on it with mixed yellow and orange to blend and sharp pointed corners. I followed it with my eyes until it flowed under the bridge but me being me I wasn't ready to look away yet if I could lean over a bit more to watch it for longer. Stupid I know and my actions just proved how stupid I was.