Chapter 2:

Kiana was sitting at the end of her bed holding a pregnancy test when Jones walked in..

"I'm pregnant.." she said quietly.

Jones sat down next to her and hugged her tight.. ''What do you want to do?''.

"I think I have to keep it, I don't want to be the unknown in my child's life, like my birth mother is to me'' she said wiping her tears away.. thinking about how she was just 16 and in no stable place to raise a baby but deep down it was her only option in her heart.

"You know you have the information about your birth mother right? You just need to go ask those questions...''

Kiana looking at Jones like he just said the worst thing ever.. ''She gave me up, she doesn't want me, I'm not worthy of her answers!'' she snapped at him.

He knew that she had such strong mixed feelings towards this subject and with pregnancy hormones it would be significantly worse. He just really wanted her to finally know all of her what ifs and whys but with her being so resistant to going to her birth mothers place of work it will be extra hard to give her that push.

*** flashback ***

Young Kiana just got a letter at her group home, she opened it and it was from her birth mother inside was a photo and a letter..

''Dear Hope.

(That may not be your new name but it's what I named you)

I'm currently writing this in the hospital room, where you are currently peacefully asleep next to me in the bassinet, It's going to be extremely hard to write this without crying so if any of the ink is smeared its from my tears. I want this to be as raw as possible.

First of all, I'm sorry I couldn't keep you myself, your birth father and I we are not good together and I can't do this solo and I also need you to be in a healthy and happy environment. I only met your adoptive parents once and I do hope that when they give you this you are very happy with them and have lived a wonderful life, so far.

I know you will have a lot of questions that only I can answer as you grow up and when the time is right, I hope you will look for me. I can't put too much detail in here, legally but I can tell you, my name is Stella Kidd and I live in Chicago. So if you ever move out of Chicago, know thats home for you.

I do hope to hear for you in the future,

Mom''

''If only she knew I didn't get adopted'' Kiana said to herself. As she folded the letter up and left the room.

*****