Chapter 6

They arrived at the hospital and right away the teens were rushed into their own bays.
"No first responders in here" the doctor said.
"I'm her mom" Stella explained.
"Okay, stay back"
"She's pregnant.. is the baby okay? Please check the baby" Stella said worryingly.

They hooked Kiana up on to the oxygen and began to scan her stomach with the doppler and after a few short seconds that felt like hours the sound of the babies heart beat came through. It was like music to Stella's ears.
The doctor put gel on Kiana's stomach and scanned around and checked the baby over.
"He looks great, your grandson looks fine Miss Kidd" the ER doctor told.
"What's her name, so we can get her records" the doctor asked.
Stella froze. Knowing she didn't have a clue what her new name was she just walked out the bay and felt weak.
"I don't know her name, she was called Hope when I placed her for adoption. Now I have no idea what her name is. I just don't know" she said as she began to cry.
Kelly walks in and wraps his arms around her
"come on babe, let's go wait over here" he said as he helped her to the waiting room.
"Are you sure being here is a good idea? Will she want that when she wakes up" he asked.
"I don't know Kelly, I really don't. She can't be alone though, what if her boyfriend doesn't pull through. He was in bad shape, you saw him with your own eyes Kel!"
"Calm down I know I saw. We will wait- we are in this together"

Stella knew it was going to be awkward when she woke up but that motherly love that never dies inside her knew she couldn't leave her alone. Not again she was going to do everything right to make her know she's loved.

Kelly and Stella hang around in the waiting room for hours to hear news when a doctor comes out and walks over to them. Stella jumps up..
"Is she okay?"
"Erm, do you know the males name she was brought in with?" The doc asked.
"No we don't. It's my daughters boyfriend. What's happened?" She asked.
"We can't say. You aren't family. Please tell us if you know" the doctor said and walked back inside the main part of the hospital.

Everyone is sitting there quietly when two people charge inside the hospital.
"Jones! Jones! We are Jones parents. We got an alert when his car turned up and they found his belongings inside" Jones mother, Victoria explained.

"Take a seat and we will send the doctor out shortly"

"Hey. I'm Stella Kidd. I was on the scene my daughter was in the car with your son" she explained to Victoria and John.

"You're her? The firefighter birth mom? Kiana found you?" She asked looking so confused.

"Kiana.. yes, Kiana did" Stella responded

Two doctors walked out the door.

"Hey Mr and Mrs Keeler . I'm doctor Will Halstead. I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but your son sustained injuries so severe that we just couldn't save him. We are so sorry"

Victoria drops to the floor and John slowly goes down with her. They both sit there and cry in each others arms, wondering how this could ever happen to the one person that means so much to them.