Chapter 3:

A few months had passed and Kiana had finally built up enough strength to go to the firehouse and finally meet her birth mother.
Ultimately she had no idea what she was going to expect.. a loving mother who wanted a bond or a person who didn't care? Thoughts she had all the time and today was the day she was finally going to overcome them all.

**
Kiana POV:
As I walked into the firehouse I was greeted by a friendly guy, he said his name was Gallo, weird! I told him I was looking for a friend, Stella. He told me she was just on her way back from a call and I could wait around if I wanted too..
I started to get scared and walked out the firehouse to be stopped in panic when I realised the truck was coming in and there she was, behind the wheel.. my mother.
I started to hyperventilate and Gallo rushed over and sat me down encouraging me to slow down my breathing but all I could do was breathe faster and start to cry.
Medics rushed over and gave me an oxygen mask and before I knew it I was surrounded by a team of people trying to calm me down..
A few minutes passed and I was able to breathe normal and feel relaxed.
**

Kiana stood up and started to walk out the firehouse when Gallo shouted "Hey, Kid. Didn't you want to see your friend?"
"No, I'll come back another time" Kiana replied as she walked off as quickly as she could.
"Who was she after Gallo?" Severide asked.
"She was after Kidd" he paused.
"She was after me?!" Stella said after realising who she might of been.

Stella ran down the street and shouted after the girl..

"Hope?! Is that you?!"