Chapter 5

Weeks had gone by and Kiana had refused to go near the firehouse even though Jones had repeatedly told her it was for the best, she deserved to finally have the mother daughter relationship with her birth mother but to Kiana she didn't feel like Stella deserved to know her after leaving her all those years ago.

''But.. Ki, she was just a child herself, like us.. scared and lost. Don't let her past keep you away from an amazing future'' Jones told Kiana while holding her close to his chest.

''I'll think about it, lets go out for the day, drive around, get something to eat. I need a distraction!'' Kiana said.

They both get into Jones' car and begin to drive out the neighborhood and cop cars fly by Jones looks at Kiana.

"No, dont J" she demands.
"Why not lets go see whats going on!!'' he begs.

'' I don't know why you feel the need to follow this stuff, it's not cool and its not safe!'' she snapped.

''We will be fine jeez. Chill out!'' he barked back.

Jones followed the direction of the cars and tried his hardest to keep up with them, Kiana telling him to slow down multiple times and he was not listening to her at all. As they go to turn a corner the car is hit drivers side full speed by the car the cops were chasing. The guy gets out the car and runs.

''Ruzek, go get him'' Halstead shouts.

''Dispatch we need medical, the corner of Molly's bar. High speed car accident'' Halstead orders over the radio

''Jones, Jones, help him please help him'' Kiana pleaded.

''Paramedics and the fire department are on the way, stay calm please'' Dawson tried to calm her down but she was having none of it.

''I'm pregnant, is my baby going to die?'' Kiana managed to get out for passing out.

Firefighters and Paramedics turned up and ran over to assess the scene. When Kidd realized who was inside she began to panic.

''Hope? Are you okay? Is she okay? What happened!'' Kidd repeatedly asked.

''We are losing them quickly get them out Severide!'' Casey shouted.

Kidd froze and Brett pulled her out the way! ''What the heck is wrong with you?!'' She asked.

''Nothing'' Kidd snaps.

As the back up ambulance arrives and Kiana is put inside it, Kidd goes to walk in the back

''Treat and leave, Kidd'' Casey told.

''No way, I'm not leaving her again. She's my daughter'' Kidd responded as she shut the back of the ambo

''Chop chop, lets go, now!'' She said to the driver.