Chapter 7:

Kiana woke up and the doctor alerted Jones' parents so they could tell her the news themselves.

They walked into the room and Kiana's saw the look on their faces and she just knew. She started to cry and Victoria hugged her tight.
"It's okay, Ki. We have you. We will support you. We love you" she said as they both cried.
"He loved your both so much. He's always going to be watching over you" John said.
Knowing Jones' loved Kiana more than anything in the entire world.

Victoria and John found comfort in knowing that Kiana had a piece of their son, a baby boy who they would cherish forever.

"So Ki, there's someone in the waiting room- your birth mother. John was going to tell her to leave and go home but both her and her husband have been sat there. They haven't even gone home from bringing you here on shift" ... "would you like us to send them home?" Victoria inquired.

"No. Ask her to come in and can you guys give us a moment?"
"Of course sweetie"

Victoria walked out to the waiting room and told Stella that she was being asked for. Stella got up and walked to the room Kiana was in.

"Hey.." Kiana said.
"My names Kiana, I don't think I've ever told you that"
"No, you haven't. I only knew you as Hope" Stella said with her half smile.
"How are you? Is the baby okay?"
"I've been better. Baby boy is doing good.."
".. how come you stuck around?"
"To be honest with you. I couldn't leave you again, not after you told me you didn't get adopted. It's being eating me up inside for weeks. I just wanted to speak to you but you never came to the firehouse again" .. "can I tell you my side to it?"
Kiana nodded yes.

"I was 16, like you. I was in a very rough relationship- your birth father was not a good guy at all. Drugs were more important than anything to him. And I tried to tell him I was pregnant and he needed to change for us and he got angry and told me I was lying. I knew then for your sake you had to have better than what I could of ever gave you. I wish I had known sooner it didn't go that way for you."
Stella wiped tears from her eyes before continuing..
".. I loose a balloon off every birthday.. I have a son.. we celebrate your birthday as a family.. I used to call it our annual cupcake day.. husband didn't know why at first until recently.. it wasn't that I was embarrassed to tell him about you, I just didn't want him to ask me questions I couldn't answer. Like where you were now. Did you get my letter?"
*
"Yeah that's how I knew you called me Hope. I kept it you know, that name.. Kiana Hope my name is. I have the last name from the couple you gave me to at first.. they didn't want me for long though.. I was given to the system and forgot about. I felt worthless when I found out the facts. Then I found Jones he treated me like I was something special. Like I could be someone great. He was the only person who ever made me feel loved" Kiana said with tears rolling down her face.

Stella got closer to Kiana's bed and held her hand tight.
"Will you let me try to make it up now? I have room for you in my home, Lucas would love a sister and I know my husband would love you too" she asked hopeful.

"I'd be willing to give it a go, nothing permanent just get. Victoria and John are the only parents I've ever know and I don't want to upset them" Kiana explained.

"I'd never take you away from your amazing in laws.
You and baby boy will also from now on and forever have a home with me and Kelly. After all you have my blood." Stella replied giving her a hug before getting up to walk out and let her rest.

"His names J.J after his dad" Kiana said.

"Perfect"

Stella walked out the room and Kiana rubbed her stomach and looked up and whispered
"I hope you like it Jones.
Baby Jones Jr - J.J. You will always be apart of him, I love you forever and always"