The Sad Truth

???.POV
The words the man said sounded genuine and true but it was unbelievable I did not know what to say but I was not the one who broke the silence it was the small girl in red she spoke very softly

???." Miss we mean you no harm we were just exploring down here with our teacher looking for treasure and cool stuff." As the words left her mouth I knew what they said was a lie they are grave robbers and no more

3rd POV

The woman then grabs a large halberd that lay against the throne shouts to the group "so what you say is lies you are trying to trick me into letting my guard down you are nothing but grave robbers and you will not leave this place alive!" She then points her weapon at the group

Oobleck." Please forgive my student she does not speak for us we are just exploring find a new ruin we did not come to rob a grave we did not even know you were down here." He pleads with the woman in white to no avail as she begins to rush them he shouts " don't kill her."

The woman in white strikes ruby first with her halberd ruby blocks it just in time but to see her other hand glow red as she felt a large shot of energy hit her in the stomach she is thrown back the other then move in to attack the first to reach her is Yang as she lands a solid punch to the womans halberd it then shoves her back as Weiss and blake attack from either sides Weiss summoning glyphs of ice that strike out at the woman to no avail as she dodges each with little to no effort. Blake rushes her and slashes out with her blades only for all but to strikes to be blocked the two strikes meet flesh and cut deep as blood pools on the floor the sight of this causes them gasp. But determined to see the fight to the end the women the rushes Blake to strike her only to receive two shots in the back from Yang which to all of there surprise also are extremely effective the woman then falls to the floor bleeding heavily and panting looking back to the throne softly weeping "I'm so sorry I could not keep you safe just as you have for me." Ruby then runs to help the woman but the rooms goes extremely cold and then the woman in white looks back to see Zoey rising from the throne. Everyone almost passes out from the very pressure Zoey releases with an extreme murderous intent.

Oobleck." Girls run she is to strong for us we must go now!" As they run for the exit they then see team JNPR running down the stairs but the doors slam shut cover in a red viscous liquid soon realized to be blood the group turns to see her making her way down the stairs from the throne to the women in white stopping at her as she places her hand over her open wounds and a small glow emits from her hand the the injury is gone not even a scar.

As she speaks it sends chills down the team's backs Zoey." So you answer my questions if I don't like the answer I get I will kill you all and that will be the end but if you tell me what I want to hear you can all leave do you agree to this Mister Oobleck if I believe you are the leader of this group of thieves."

Oobleck barely musters the words " Yes we accept ask your questions but know this we are no thieves we are explorers if anything we did not come steal anything my student just got over excited that is all." The woman then gives the group a glare to which she replies" ok well then we can at least be civil about this come let's take a seat." She motions to a small collection of stones pulled off to the side of the room strangely arranged like a table and chair set.

Zoey." Ok my first question is who sent you to this tomb of mine and do not lie I have a good eye for spotting lies." She grins as she finishes
Oobleck " we were sent here by our headmaster of beacon academy he had heard of a mining crew who had uncovered a set of ruins never seen before so we were sent to explore and document all we found here." As he finishes they notice a single tear roll down Zoey's cheek she then turns to them " so my next question what do you know of Revenants or the Lost" He ponders for an moment but then to her surprise "I have never heard of either of those names are they groups or an old nation that you once belonged to?" Again tears seem to roll down her face onto the stone table as she again asks them a question "what of the mist is it still around the city does it still stand did I succeed in keeping the horrors of the outside world at bay long enough?" When she finishes the last word a torrent of tears run down her face landing on the stone below the woman in white rubs her shoulder "please do calm down if what they say is true then we did our part and we did not let the others down."

Oobleck." I'm sorry I do not know anything about this mist you speak of or anything about these horrors of the outside world but please come with us we will show you the world you'd don't need to be locked in here anymore." He reaches out his hand to her she looks to him and smiles then she speaks through softly "I will take you up on the offer to see the outside but know this if you lie to me about it I will eviscerate you and your group of thieves." She laughs though a soft voice. The door then gives way to team JNPR who burst though and the first to speak is Jaune " Hey are you guys ok and who is that?" Weapon still in hand he motions to Zoey which the woman in white growls at Jaune" Io please I wish to see the outside not start another fight." She smiles while placing her hand over Io's.

Back at the surface
The group leaves the large ruins to the outside as they step outside they see a man in a green suit that addresses the group "Ahh is was getting worried you had not returned yet and so I sent team JNPR and they contacted me saying you were in a sealed room." He then notices the two extra people following them out and looks to Oobleck who simply says "ask them yourself I have had enough excitement for one day."

Ruby." Professor Ozpin meet Zoey and Io they were down in that tomb all along resting and something about a barrier." He looks back to see then sitting on a rock looking into the woods and into the skyline he then approaches them " it is a pleasure to meet you and if I may ask what they are saying is quite hard to believe they say you two were sealed down in the tomb but from what I have gathered from Oobleck that tomb is over eight hundred years old do you care to shed any light on this?" But the two stayed quiet staring in the sky until Zoey finally breaks the silence "Io we did it we really did it we held the barrier long enough that the world finally got rid of the beasts of the Lost we did it our friends sacrifice was not in vein." She and Io began so softly weep as Ozpin moved to console her

Ozpin." How about we continue this at my office we can discuss all about what happened there." She looked up to see his face with a large smile she then helped Io up and they went to the ship Ozpin arrived in.

To be continued