The Burning City

Location: Vale mountains

Two miners are using a large machine to drill into the rocks before a light and siren begin the blare. "What the hell is that go check it out!"

The miner then looks at the screen on the machine staring at it scratching his head "umm its saying something about a thermal heat warning?" The older miner then hops unto the controls shutting the drill down."the hell you mean thermal heat warning that don't make no sense we ain't mining for any red dust so why is it showing a heat source?!" The older miner runs his hand through his greasy hair as the younger miner begins to open the paperwork they were sent with. "Ya I get ya John but it says here we are mining for some green dust tonight and the boss said that the area was surveyed to have a large green dust deposit."

The older miner then slams his helmet unto the table shouting "these damn machines are probably just wrong they always are when I started we mined it all by hand no damn machines just our own two hands!" The miner then picks up two large pickaxe and hands one to the younger miner "here Philip we are doing this one the old fashion way." He then slams away at the rock and Philip being much younger and definitely smaller then John tries his best to keep up "hey John ya think we can take a little break maybe let some of the other guys have a turn ehh?" John turns to the boy laughing "what tired already we barely just started how about this if you find green dust before me then I will do all the work to get it out but if I find it first then you will do all the work." Philip smiles and continues to mine but falls behind John.

As John is chipping away a section it begins to give way and fall apart "look out its weak here!" He then tackles the boy out of the tunnel they had been in as part of the wall John had been mining fell apart revealing something behind it glowing a deep red color. John is the first to notice as he walks toward it with his pick in hand he then slams his pick into the new object and it falls aside as flames shot from new opening slightly burning John's arm. But as John is pulled back by the other miners they hear a loud roar from deep within the mountain side and the flames seem to return into the hole. Some of the braver miner went over to the hole to look inside and were shocked with what they saw.

 Some of the braver miner went over to the hole to look inside and were shocked with what they saw

A massive burning city and the fires seemed to rage on with no apparent source of fuel or energy. Philip after tending to John's wounds decided to call the site manager who had gone home for the day "hey boss I know you said don't call unless its like a super emergency but I think this counts as one!" After the call the plant manager arrived, he was a tall and large man with a huge copper beard and a bald head with a huge booming voice. He then stared at what the miners had found he then groaned "ugh fuck it in the morning I have to make a call this is just like the last site I worked on and a shit ton of people died at that one not dealing with that shit again." Hearing this many of the miners grabbed their personal belongs and ran back to their cars leaving the site behind them as the site manager screamed at them "get back here you fucking cowards!!" He groans and turns back to the few who decided to stay "ya know what I don't care what frakin time it is I'm giving them a call!!"

Glynda's scroll then begin to buzz waking her from her sleep " I'm sorry but Beacon Academy is currently closed please call back at our scheduled times that we have listed thank you and have a go...." she then pulls her scroll away from her ear as the man on the other end begins to yell "don't give me that bullcrap I called last time about this shit and it was past the call time then too!!" She groans as she gets up from her bed "alright sir I'm listening how can I help?" She then listens the the man's ranting about his site's discovery. She then runs to Ozpin's room bursting through the door to see him in his chair reading "oh well hello Glynda is there something you need?"  She stares at him with sweat pouring down her face she barely speaks "we might have another problem!" He places his book down and walks over to her offering her a seat "please sit down and calm down."

She takes a few deep breaths before finally looking up to him "I was just contacted from a site manager in the mountains his team just found a set of ruins just like where they found Zoey!" Ozpin stokes his chin as he looks out his window "what is different from her tomb?" Glynda turns to him "what do you mean?" He smiles and continues "well you said it is just like where we found Zoey and she even referred to it as a tomb so what is different?" He then pulls a chair next to Glynda sitting beside her as she continues "well the site manager says that its a a huge city under the rocks in the mountain and that its covered in flames but they can't put out the flames it can't be extinguished." She takes another deep breath "but what is troubling is that the miners claim to hear a loud roaring from within and that what ever it is is causing the flames to surge somewhat out of control." Ozpin then stands up heading from the door as glynda then joins him "what are we going to to about this?" He the steps out into the hall "well I say we go ask Zoey about all this since it is her history maybe she can tell us what lies within the Burning City." Both Glynda and Ozpin walk toward the team rooms expecting to talk to Zoey but ended up getting pulled into a even more confusing situation when they do arrive.

To be continued