Chapter 17: The Old Days

"I'm so happy I can get away from all of my sisters" Mads sighed happily as she reclined on a red chair in Gabriela's new apartment. Right now, they were on the Isle of the Lost- despite how much effort they'd taken to leave it, it was always going to be home for them. Mads' sisters had all gone off to Auradon to wreak havoc, but Mads and Gabriela had had done just enough madness for a while.  So they'd taken refuge in the only place that wasn't swarming with villains, their old home. 

"I have to agree with you there, look- my sister Ginny can be fun, but she's also a major pain in the gloutos" 

"Since when did you know how to speak Greek?"

"Just a couple words I picked up from reading this Auradon book series, it's called Peter Johnson. I saw the first movie too- though it was absolutely horrible. Holly was not impressed"

"Well she's a greek demigod herself, what can you expect really? Of course she hates movies like these"

"What do you think she's doing right now anyway? I haven't heard from her in the past few days"

"She's probably busy- she's in a world of villains, she has to make sure no one is going to try and overthrow her"

"I have a question for you by the way, from what I remember, Holly was almost as mean as Mal was, how did you two even become friends in the first place? I know Holly met Jay, Carlos, and Evie, and Uma through Mal- but how did you two meet? And how has Holly not ripped your head off by now?"

"Well, it's a long story.."

"We have time, what happened between you two?"

"Alright, here goes nothing...so we were in the middle of gym class with Coach Gaston during our 6th grade mile run"

*flashback*

"You have to try harder than that Madelina! Get off your lazy ass and get moving!"

"Urgh, how the hell does he expect us to run this much??" I exclaimed, getting up and speaking to someone next to me, not even noticing who it was.

"This guy's all brawn, no brain, I wonder how LeFou puts up with him" a deep, melodic feminine voice replied. Mads had no time to look at the girl while they ran their laps. 

"Wonder if he payed him"

"Maybe blackmail?"

"Or he just wants someone really strong to protect him"

"Well how did that work for him exactly?" the two laughed.

"Hey, I have an idea- I have a couple different emergency prank supplies in my bag, if you could buy me some time to head to the locker room-"

"On it, do whatever you need, I'll go distract the coach" Mads replied, her eyes catching the girls perfectly curled blue pony tail as she whipped past, into the shadows. Hm, who on this island put this much time into their hair? Keeping natural curls on an island where the weather was always either raining, or just plain dark, it just seemed like it was more probable for them to actually put in effort to do their hair. Who did she know with curly blue hair? Well there was Yzma's youngest, Ylia. There was that one girl Mal banished a while back- but it couldn't have been her since she was well, banished- plus this girls hair was lighter, probably would've been more of an electric blue if they had sunlight.  She didn't recognize the voice. Hm, Ursula's daughter had teal hair, so that wasn't it...the girl seemed familiar to her somehow, but why? 

Did she know any people who dyed their hair? Maybe a daughter of Drizella. But this girl didn't strike her as a heartthrob girly girl. Her hair had been tied up with a black bracelet that was lined with spikes. Blue hair, melodic voice, always ready for a prank, sort of punk- no...could this girl be- 

No! There was no going back now, she already said she'd help with the prank, Mads picked up speed, whizzing past even the Gaston twins, she felt the eyes of her coach on her, probably wide with shock. When she made it back to the spot that the girl had disappeared by, she noticed that the girl was back, and she was holding a glitter bomb, a classic instant prank that was rather popular between elementary students. But she wasn't just holding one- no, she had a glitter bomb canon!

"You bought me time, you can take first shot" the girl offered, handing her the gun. Mads looked up, and finally got a good luck at the girl. Her horrifying predictions were proved right, when she saw the pale face, and onyx eyes of Holly, daughter of Maleficent. Her eyes must've widened because Holly smirked. 

"Shake it off kid, I'm not going to rename you 'slop' or something like that, you interest me. What's your name? I'm sure you know mine already"

"Technically its Madelina, but I rather go by Mads"

"Granddaughter of Madam Mim, I assume?"

"Yeah, not too special- so are you ready for this?" 

"You bet, here- you know where my castle is, meet up with me tonight, I'm going on a raid with a couple allies, you should join us"

"I'll be there! Hey, you're in my Advanced Enrichment class, do you want to help me prank Dr. Facilier?" 

"As long as I can steal his tie, and sell it back to him tomorrow" she laughed. Mads aimed the glitter gun at Gaston as Holly pulled her behind the bleachers so they wouldn't be seen.  It hit him right on- that spot. You guys probably know what I'm talking about.  They cackled to themselves with glee. Surprisingly, Holly gave her a genuine smile, but it slowly morphed into a smirk.

"I can tell you and I are going to very good friends"

*flashback end*

"That wasn't even that long of a story" 

"Oh shut up, I just really wanted to be the one to use a cliche line for once, okay!"