Chapter 8- Bad dreams and Scary Games

Your P.O.V-

I can’t remember much after that…. Just zooming around the city again to the Lucky Cat Cafe. When we got there, Mangle was already inside. I walked in. When I walked in, it smelled so good. I hadn’t eaten for awhile, but I pushed it back until later. Maybe I’ll buy a donut and cup of coffee. I smiled at the daydream. Ms. Cass walked down to the counter. “Hello! You must be (Y/N)! I’m Cass. I heard what happened. You poor girl. Come with me. You’ll be staying up in Hiro’s room, is that ok?” she asked. I nodded, trying my best to push back tears. I followed her up a set of stairs towards Hiro’s room. “Hiro’s down in the garage, I think. He’ll be up soon. If you need anything, just call.” she said, before smiling and closing the door. I looked around. Lots of robotics stuff. It was actually really cool. I had the biggest smile on my face. I took my laptop out and put in my headphones. I opened the game Five Nights At Freddy’s 2, and continued where I left off on Night 2. The phone called in to tell me some tips and such.”Yeah yeah yeah. They get disoriented in the light, Foxy’s twitchy, use the mask. Got it.” I said to the computer. I started by checking the music box and such. I was so close to finishing when The Mangle come and chomped my face. I must have screamed really loud because Hiro, Cass, and Mangle come running up the steps to see me curled up in a ball in the corner, trying to get away from the computer as best I could. “(Y/N)!! Are you ok!?” Cass said as she came into the room. I was shaking really badly. I nodded. The I laughed. Hard. It was really nice to laugh like that again. “It’s just a game. It scared me really badly, though.” I said through my hysterical laughter. Cass smiled. “You scared me too. Well, since you’re ok, I leave you alone.” she said leaving Hiro panting in the doorway. “What was that?!” he said running over to me. “A game. Wanna play it?” I said with a smirk. Hiro looked at me like I was crazy. “Uh, sure (Y/N).” He said, grabbing the computer and walking the bed. “Well I’m watching.” I said, curling up close to Hiro. I hope he doesn’t mind that. He was doing pretty good, to be honest. He got to night 4, but by 3 AM his power was pretty low on the flashlight. He must have forgot to wind up the music box, because I heard the “Pop! Goes the Weasel” melody coming from it. I immediately grabbed Hiro’s arm as the flashlight went out. “What. What’s gonna happ-!!!”“Wh-what, h-how?” he stated, but was cut off by his own scream, along with mine. The Puppet finally decided to attack us, causing me to grab Hiro tighter and scream. We were holding each other for about 10 minutes, just shaking in fear. I snuggled up close to Hiro for comfort. He pet my hair and shushed my whimpers to comfort me. I smiled. I was still terrified. I looked at the clock. “11:30 already? Geez….” I said. “We should get to bed, Hiro. It’s really late.” Hiro nodded and let me go. I had my PJ’s on already so I just had to curl in my sleeping bag. I closed my eyes. “Goodnight, Hiro. Sweet dreams.” I said with a smile. “Sweet dreams, (Y/N).” he responded. I closed my eyes, hoping my PTSD wouldn’t decide tonight is a good night to attack me.

FLASHBACK/ DREAM

I stared into darkness. I had no idea where I was, who was with me, why I was here, or how I got here in the first place. I was gagged and tied up, but I was still hyperventilating like crazy. I tried wiggling out of the bounds on my arms, but no use. “Hey there, pet.” a man said with an icy tone. I stared up at his face with an evil glare. I muffled curses even though I was only six. I couldn’t help it. A light switch was flicked on to shine light throughout what looked like a cellar. I struggled around again when I saw my parents and brother tied to chairs. My eyes became waterworks as I saw them struggling to get free. I screamed through my gag, breaking a couple drinking glasses in the process. The man looked at me. “SHUT UP! PEOPLE WILL FIND YOU.” he yelled before kicking me in the arm a couple of times. I continued to scream in the hopes of being found, but who find a family, let alone hear, a family down in the sewers of  New York? Since I wouldn’t stop screaming, the man pulled out a pistol and armed it. “If you don’t shut up, I’ll kill your family.” he said, pointing the gun at my mothers head. I tried to stop, but I couldn’t. All I saw next was blackness…. Then I heard a gunshot, and it was almost too real.

I woke up from my flashback and screamed. I hated screaming this early in the morning, but my PTSD was acting up. What in the name of God triggered it? Hiro jumped up and looked over at me. I was once curled in a ball, crying and strangling the pillow. Hiro walked over. “(Y/N)? Are you ok?” he said with concern. I flipped over and shook my head no. Hiro stroked the back of my head. It’s just a dream, ok? You’re safe here.” he said. I nodded. Hiro smiled. “Ok. I’m going back to sleep.” he said getting back into his bed. I looked over at Hiro. “Hiro, can I sleep with you so it doesn’t come back?” I asked. Great idea. Wonderful. Nice going, (Y/N). I flipped back over and closed my eyes. Then I heard blankets rustling around. “Come here.” he said, patting a space on the left. I smiled and blushed. “Thanks, Hiro. Remember, I still owe you something.” I said laying down next to him. I snuggled up close to him, and he put his arm around me. I smiled. “Goodnight, Hiro.” I said before closing my eyes. “Goodnight, (Y/N).” Hiro responded. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again. Only this time, I was curled up next to Hiro. I knew that I was protected.

Hiro’s P.O.V-

More flying in clouds with (Y/N) to get to the cafe. Once we were there, I went to the garage to work on somethings with Baymax. Just making sure. It wasn’t until 20 minutes when I heard this loud scream. “(Y/N)!” I said, jumping up the staircase to get to her. When I got to (Y/N), she was in laughing heap. Aunt Cass walked out and down the stairs. Mangle ran beside her and licked her tears from laughing. I stood in the doorway. “What was that?!” I said, worried for her. “A game. Wanna play it?” she said with a smirk and a giggle. I shrugged and the laptop and headphones. Five Nights at Freddy’s 2. Hmm. Can’t be too hard, can it? (Y/N) curled up next to me, which was nice. I started to play, and was doing pretty good, up until night 4. I ran out of battery power on the flashlight, but other wise I was doing fine. (Y/N) grabbed onto my arm like she was expecting something. I looked down at her. “What. What is it?” I asked before looking back at the screen. Not two seconds later, this puppet thing jumped out of no where, scaring me and (Y/N) so hard we fell back and held each other, shaking like leaves in the wind. We stayed like that for about 10 minutes. I pet (Y/N) (H/C) hair and shushed her whimpers until she said that we should get to bed. I nodded and let her go. She curled into her sleeping bag next to my bed. “Goodnight, Hiro. Sweet dreams.” she said. I smiled. “Sweet dreams, (Y/N).” I replied before closing my eyes.

  About an hour later I woke up to (Y/N) screaming and crying. I jumped out of bed to go see what was wrong. “(Y/N)? Are you ok?” I asked worried for her safety. She flipped over and shook her head no. I stroked the back of her head. It’s just a dream, ok? You’re safe here.” I said. (Y/N) nodded. I smiled. “Ok. I’m going back to sleep.” I said getting back into my bed. (Y/N) looked over at me. “Hiro, can I sleep with you so it doesn’t come back?” she said. My brown eyes popped open. She was silent for a little bit, until I moved the blankets. ‘Come here.” I said, patting the giants space to my left. She smiled as she layed next to me. “Thanks, Hiro. Remember, I owe you big time.” she said before snuggling up next to me. I put my arm around her. “Goodnight, Hiro.” she said before closing her eyes. “Goodnight, (Y/N).” I said, holding her close. Whatever happens, I’m going to keep her safe. I have to be (Y/N)’s protector because I love her too much for words.