Chapter 7 : Luring Moments

Gauravi giggled, as she was walking down the corridor with Viddhi and Tushaar. She and Tushaar were teasing Viddhi with the other genius intern, Pranav who was in her team. "Your life is set Viddhi," Tushaar commented.

"Shut up, will you idiot?" Viddhi muttered throwing a glare at Tushaar before turning to looking at Gauravi with pleading eyes.

"Viddhi, did I tell you..." Gauravi spoke up coming to her friend's rescue, "that this idiot, has fallen for Natasha, our manager."

Viddhi grinned, "now that's good gossip. This poor guy always falls for girls out of his league."

"Hey, just to remind you girls, I am right here!" Tushaar interrupted.

"As for your stupid statement Miss Viddhi, I promise to give you a chance if I end up single at thirty." He teased Viddhi.

"Please- what makes you think I will be single then?" Viddhi exclaimed haughtily.

Gauravi giggled. "Pranav seems to have made an impact, then." She was back to teasing her friend who was now shot dagger-like looks at her.

"Shh-- Gauravi!" Viddhi colored up looking around, while Tushaar chuckled.

"I think this internship is going to light up our love lives!" Tushaar joked.

"But we don't have anyone to tease Gauravi with." Viddhi pointed out.

"Hmm, well maybe Gauravi is going to be an exception." Tushaar sighed.

Gauravi simply decided to ignore the comment. If only they knew better.

Maybe not love, but the attraction was definitely lighting up her life.

They quickly bid goodbyes when they reached the exit of the building. Gauravi made her way down the footpath deciding to take the bus. It wasn't late anyway. She stood at the bus stop waiting for a bus when a very familiar black BMW halted before her. The glass window of the front passenger seat rolled down and a handsome face wearing sun shades came into view. "Hop in!" He said aloud.

Gauravi's eyes widened and she looked to her left and then right. "I told you, I know the way back home." She replied.

He smiled, "I know. Our destination is the same. Daadi will be mad at me if she comes to know I left her precious little Gudi behind at the office, to take a bus back home."

"Firstly, stop calling me that. Second, I decline the offer. Third, can you please leave before someone notices. I certainly don't want the office to know that I am remotely known to you."

He sighed, removing his shades. "Gudi, I am a very stubborn man. I am not leaving until you hop in. Let people think what they want. I don't give a damn." He gave a confident smile, staring squarely at her eyes.

Gauravi scoffed, stepping closer to the car. She quickly slammed the door shut once she was seated inside.

"Easy Gudi, my car doesn't like rude passengers." He was so enjoying getting on her nerves.

"Can't you leave me alone?" She asked rolling up the glass of the window, turning her head towards him. She prayed that no one spotted and identified her.

"Woah. Gudi--" He began only to be cut off by her, "don't call me that. My name is Gauravi. G- A-U-R-A-V-I." She spelled it for him. " Gauravi."

He chuckled before continuing, "so, I see that you have a misunderstanding. I am not interested in you, to hold on to you. Technically, I can't leave you. So,.." He glanced at her, "don't you make it sound like that! I am just doing a duty my sweet old grandmother has assigned to me. I wonder what has you so rigid. I mean it's just a ride back home. Why would you---oh wait, unless you're attracted to me. Are you?" He cocked his head in her direction, once more.