Chapter 42 : Trouble

"Nishaant, where are we going?" Gauravi asked realizing he had deviated from their usual route.

"Somewhere where we can talk, in private." He muttered not sparing a glance her way, keeping his gaze fixed on the road ahead.

"What else do you want to talk about?"

He gave her a sharp look remaining in silence until he had driven to the hotel. He quickly parked the car and got out. Gauravi stepped out looking around. "Why are we here?"

Nishaant simply held her hand and led her inside, not paying heed to her soft and whispering protests.

Once they were inside the room, he had booked for a day, she looked at him disappointed. "Do you understand how shady this seems?"

Nishaant sat on the bed in silence.

Gauravi folded her arms staring at him, waiting for an answer.

"I don't care. I want us to talk. What am I doing wrong, Gauravi? What do you expect from me? Just make yourself clear. So that I can be what you want me to be."

Gauravi scoffed looking away. She walked up the chair beside the desk and sat on it. "I don't.."

"Lie," Nishaant spoke aloud looking up, not bothering to let her finish that. "Stop saying you don't love me, okay? Accept the fact that you do love me. The sooner the better." His voice loud.

Gauravi wordlessly stared at him.

"I didn't mean to shout." He mumbled apologetically, looking aside for a few seconds. A silence fell in the room.

"You are right. I am confused about what I want and don't. It's hard for me to accept that I love you. Nishaant, you don't understand the fact that... love is suffocating for me. As impossible as it may sound, it's the truth. I don't want it."

Nishaant got up from the bed and walked up to the chair where she sat.

He kneeled before her. "Gauravi," he said softly, taking her hands in his.

"Trust me, it's not going to suffocate you. At least my love won't. Just trust me. If you want me to stop meddling in your profession, fine I will stop. I will never again tell you what you should do. But please... don't lose hope on us. I really want to be there for you. You matter a lot to me, Gauravi. A lot."

Gauravi smiled and tears filled her eyes. Her right hand slipped out of his hold and reached his cheek. "I don't want to hurt you, Nishaant. I don't want to see you in pain like the other night. I don't want to be the reason behind your tears. I like you smiling, smirking, anything but in tears."

Nishaant looked into her hazel brown eyes, his lips curving upward. She loved him. Period. He wrapped his arms around her waist burying his face in her lap. Gauravi leaned, placing her head over his, as tears trickled down her cheeks. "I am sorry for hurting you," she mumbled.

Nishaant smiled.

"I love you!" She whispered, "but I don't want to hurt you."

Nishaant looked up, his hands reaching for her face. His thumb rubbed off the tears that tricked down her cheeks. "You won't. I love you, too! I love you a lot to even let you go away. I won't give up on us. And I don't want you to give up either. Let's make this work, together."

Gauravi smiled, looking at him. She nodded gently. He returned the smile as her thumb softly rubbed the tears off his cheek. "Get, up shorty, I want to give you a proper hug!" He muttered getting on his feet.

Gauravi chuckle between crying getting on her feet. He lifted her upa little, hugging her tight. Gauravi just wanted time to freeze there. She was scared of how the future would unfold. But, her heart was brave enough to hold on to what mattered the most - him.