Chapter 39 : Happy Birthday

Gauravi woke up to find Nishaant missing from the bed. She sat up looking around while tying her hair up.

"Good morning, beautiful!" He greeted stepping out of the bathroom.

Gauravi smiled looking at him, then blinked. "What time is it?"

"Seven-thirty!" He smiled.

"You- you went for a workout and came back here?"

"No. I worked out here, you missed it, sweetheart." He winked.

Gauravi tried holding back her smile but it eventually slipped onto her lips. She picked up her pillow throwing it on him.

He squatted avoiding it. "Jeez, that's some real wild mood in the morning. Can I be of any help?" He teased leaning to kiss her cheek.

"No, thanks for your generous offer." Gauravi grinned, getting on her feet. He stepped back clearing the way. Of course, it was more because he was tempted to push her back on the bed, get over her and.... Lately, he had odd fantasies. Sleeping with her was doing no good to his dirty mind but he loved it. The other day he had woken up at night to use the loo and was clean bowled by the sleeping beauty beside him. His desire to mark her as his was growing stronger. He had never wanted anything so bad as he wanted to make love to her.

"See you later.." he muttered walking away. Gauravi looked at his retreating figure nodding. With a smile, she walked into her bathroom. Seeing him the first thing in the morning was certainly a mood booster.

* * *

Later that evening, they had gone for shopping to a mall far away from both office and home.

"Nishaant?" Gauravi called out to him stepping out of the changing room dressed in a rosewood colored dress with a jewel neck. The dress hugged her decently till the waist and flowed down gracefully till her knees. A belt of a darker shade than the dress rested a little higher on her waist. Her sleeves ended a little above her shoulders.

Nishaant's lips parted as he looked at her. Her hair was left open and she looked perfect. "You look gorgeous!"

Gauravi blushed and turned around for him to have a full look. "Is this okay for tomorrow?"

"It is perfect." He smiled, reassuring her.

She nodded turning away.

"Gauravi, wait, could you try on this one?" He asked handing her a wine red coloured dress.

Gauravi had a look at it and put it against her body. "It's sleeveless and sort of a little above the knees," Gauravi spoke looking down where the dressed ended. If her grandmother ever saw her in that dress, she'd disown her.

"I wouldn't mind you wearing that." He shrugged, passing her a flirtatious look.

She stared at him, meeting his eyes for a beat longer. "Okay." She smiled taking it with her.

She put on the dress and stared at herself in the mirror. She loved what she saw. The dress ended at her thighs but in no way it looked vulgar. The dress had a slight flair from her waist downwards. It was like those typical dresses that barbie dolls wore. Gauravi peeped out to find Nishaant standing looking into his phone.

"Nishaant.." she called, hoping to have his attention.

He looked up and she immediately gestured him to come. He looked around and headed for the changing room.

"What happen? A fitting issue?" He asked softly.

His eyes widening a bit as she opened the door standing before him. Nishaant looked at her enthralled. His eyes cascading down to her flawless flair legs. Damn. He raised his gaze, noticing her sleek arms. She looked hot. It was then that he noticed in the mirror that her zip hadn't been done fully.