Chapter 28 : Miss & Kiss

Gauravi couldn't even talk properly to Nishaant when he returned. All they exchanged before the family was a "Hi".

She was envious of how Raashi got to give Shiv a squeezing hug. Soon after, Shiv whisked away Raashi to the room to meet his toddler. While Gauravi opted to help Himali set up the dinner. He threw her a long gaze before he proceeded towards his room, making her cheeks warmer.

Half an hour later, everybody was at the dining table except Nishaant. Gauravi helped Himali set up the plates and serve while Raashi was trying to control Aayush who was jumpy than usual. Gauravi smiled noticing that Shiv kept Aayush's hand from tugging at his mother's hair. They indeed were a cute couple.

Her attention drifted when the missing person approached the dining table. He was dressed in a v neck dark maroon t-shirt with short sleeves that gave a nice glimpse of his muscular arms.

Darn, so hot!

He extended his arm forward, pulling the chair, tossing an adorable smile at Aayush and then patting his younger brother's head.

Gauravi quickly made her way to the empty chair beside the one on which Priyanka sat, on the other side of the table. Nishaant greeted his grandmother and then his parents sitting on the chair.

"Bhaiya you guys had a photo with Taani Kapoor! Gosh I missed a golden opportunity. Why did you not take me along?" Dhruv whined.

Shiv and Nishaant exchanged grinning looks. Like they had won some sort of lottery.

"What's so great in that fake beauty?" Raashi muttered pouring a little more dal in her bowl. 

"She's pretty," Shiv said softly, eating a bite.

Raashi glared at him, before turning to her father-in-law. "Papa I am telling you these two only had fun and came back. Networking my foot." Raashi complained and immediately Nishaant and Shiv's face lost color, their eyes widened.

Nishaant glared at hisbelder brother looking at him with a questioning glance. Shiv shrugged turning to his wife and Nishaant shook his head.

Gauravi mused noticing the exchange while everyone else was focusing on Raashi and Himali's inputs on why men never took wives along on business trips.

Definitely, more than a picture happened. But Raashi not tell the rest of them anything. Gauravi was more than ever curious to find out what was the fun Raashi was referring to. What were the brothers up to on their trip?

The conversation changed to questions about their stay and travel. Soon dinner was done. Priyanka and Dhruv then whisked away Nishaant to get more details about the celebrity party and see pictures on his phone.

Himali and Raashi were talking about the groceries in the kitchen. So Gauravi made her way to the living hall to see what little Aayush was up to. He was playing around under the supervision of his nanny.

She spent time with him until his nanny took him to put him to sleep. The seniors of the family had already retired for the night. Gauravi was on the floor behind the sofa gathering all of Aayush's toys together so that the maid could pick them up later. She heard footsteps and saw Raashi approaching the centre of the living hall. She was about to get up and announce her presence when she heard a voice.

"Raashi, you should learn to keep your mouth shut!" Shiv muttered.

"I could say the same to you." She replied back sharply before adding a poor mimick, "She's pretty."

Then the woman got down to threatening, "You know what, I should have actually told Daadi that her not-so-good boys got drunk and wasted in an after-party."