Chapter 3 : New Village

After a while of assisting Senku, we tumbled down the mountain at top speed on, to put it simply, a bigger attempt at a skateboard. A grin grew on both mine and Senku's face, it felt exhilarating for him to see you actually smile for once. It actually looked genuine.

"Whoa! How the heck did you build such a useful thing so quickly?" Kohaku yelled while gripping onto my arm tightly.

"It wasn't really that quick. I just had some materials ready from making that pulley yesterday." He replied standing up from his position. I looked back and not to be cliché or anything, but he looked badass with the wind in his face.

"Progress gives rise to progress and applying that to further civilization is science," he concluded. I turn back to face a fork in the path.

"Turn right up here!" Kohaku shouted. Senku made a sad attempt and missed the turn completely.

"We missed the turn!" Kohaku shouted before we were sent flying into a tree. Kohaku landed gracefully with her jug of water while Senku was laying flat on his face, coated in dirt. I however was pushed by the force into a tree, I managed to sit upright.

I felt a searing pain in my ribs, I manage to stop myself from making any noise, Senku, however, was quite loudly groaning in displeasure.

"Look, Koiru, Senku check it out!" I looked to where Kohaku's voice was to see a beautiful village, I heard a gasp come from Senku while I blankly stared. Senku stood up and walked over to her while I struggled to stand up.

I deduced it was either a broken rib or a really deep wound, could be bruising as well. I leaned against the tree while the other two conversed, though I couldn't hear because of all the focus on the pain.

Managing to hide my injury, we wander down to the entrance of the crowded, friendly-looking village. Hopefully, it's just an injury that can heal quickly on its own, I don't need to draw any more attention to myself.

I stood with Senku onlooking the villagers, when two angry men with stern faces charged for attack, I reached for one of my arrows in the satchel on my back, a sharp affliction threw me off. Thankfully no one saw my face scrunch up, Senku grabbed my wrist to stop me because Kohaku had blocked the men off.

"Leave her to this, we don't need to seem hostile," I nodded.

"There's no need for all of that, Kinro and Ginro. These people saved my life yesterday." She said warningly.

"Great news. But you should know better. Can't break the rules. Under no circumstances are we allowed to let outsiders enter the village, the chief will be angry with you," a blonde dope replied.

"Man you sound stoned," I murmured just loud enough for them to hear. Senku stifles a laugh beside me and elbows my ribs as if to tell me to shut up. I flinched and breathed loudly through my nose trying to suppress the oncoming tears.

Senku looked at me warily. He knew full well I was injured and was planning to deal with it after this exchange. He gave you a serious and dangerous look of 'why didn't you tell me?'

"There's no use in arguing about it. The rules are the rules," the brunette man said.

"People from outside the village aren't welcome. Because they're all criminals or banished by the chief," the blondie spoke up.

"Therefore, we cannot let them cross this bridge. Even if they both saved your life, we can't make any exceptions."

My god, how uptight are these people?

Kohaku went on to threaten them both but I couldn't listen in because my ears were ringing with pain.

I brought a hand to my ear and pressed on it in hope for it to halt. It eventually did and I heard Senku's infamous chuckle.

"We really did walk into the lions' den huh?" I walked up to him as he dipped his hand into the hot spring water.

"Heh. You're all growling and snarling at each other," he pulled out soap and scrubbed his hands with it, I knew exactly what he was trying to do. He handed me the soap bar as I did the same.

"Sorcery!" Kohaku exclaimed. We both chuckled before making a circular shape with your fingers and blowing bubbles. They all gasped and started attacking the mysterious orbs. Senku and I giggled hysterically, the pain continued, I figured the leak looking boy was testing me to actually see if I was in pain.

"Wow. So that's their level, eh?" He said sarcastically while picking at his ear.

"Well, I guess this is gonna be no problem at all, I'm gonna get every last one of them on our side with science. Nothing like having veins and a small army on your side."

"You sound like a maniac," I chuckled. He peered at me raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you sound pretty creepy right now. Maybe don't get ahead of yourself?" Kohaku said slightly concerned. I glanced over to the two childish guards to spot them both still freaking out.

"Let someone else handle it! Hey, Chrome help! It's sorcery!" The blonde one shouted while running away.

"Huh, what's he doing?" I whisper to Senku.

"Beats me," he whispered back.

"Yeah, yeah. Would ya quit freakin' out Ginro? I'm one step ahead of you as usual. I spotted them from the beach. So of course I ran here as fast as I could!" This Chrome person said fixing his headband.

"Hey! I'm the one called Chrome. Bad and insanely smart. I'm the genius sorcerer of the village," Senku and I glanced away, disinterested.

"Hah. Looks like we won't have to track him down, Koiru," Kohaku spoke up. "This is the guy I mentioned yesterday."

"Hm, so he's the 'sorcerer'?" I asked.

"My name's Senku. And I'm a scientist," he said flatly.

"I know you're scared 'cause you're not as smart as me, but don't let their cheap trickery get to you!" He yells at the two imbecile guards.

"All you need is charcoal, ash and boiling water," Senku looks taken aback. Kinro claimed to not be scared while Ginro cowers.

"We don't need you here Chrome. I'm not dumb enough to believe that your dubious sorcery can help us," Kinro said grumpily.

"Believe what you want. I don't care," Chrome gripped at his cape and threw it dramatically.

"But know this! I'm not backing down! 'Cause sorcery is my speciality! So step off and let me handle them!" I stare at him in bewilderment.

"If we fight right here there's a chance some of the villagers might get hurt. Let's move it somewhere else," I stop my self from laughing at his idiocy and out of the corner I can see Senku and Kohaku having trouble process what just happened.