Chapter 31 : Drama Kicks In Eventually

Hi, hi. Before I start I'd like to ask if there's an app I could read the Dr Stone manga since I've only seen the anime. That'd be a great help :) Also, tell me my dog ain't cute.

We both walked hand in hand quietly through the cold night air, over a few bridges to where the villagers and our accomplices had gathered and drank copious amounts of alcohol. They sat, chatting, sitting cross-legged in circles of their friend group. We just about reached them while listening to a nearby conversation that included Gen.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm strictly a cola man," Gen held both of his hands up in a polite manner.

"Never heard of it," the unfamiliar brunette villager commented.

"I wouldn't be able to talk business if I got drunk," Gen threw back. Yeah, I'd like the idea of seeing Gen drunk, I believe it would end up quite amusing, a smile crept up onto my face at my thought. "And now the village is gathered, I've got a message to deliver," he stared at the man, making him shift uncomfortably. How blunt.

Finally, we stepped foot off of the bridge, and Senku slowly dropped my hand and stepped a few steps in front of me. Cold caressed my hand and then I just realized how hot it had been.

"Yeah? Well, let's hear it then mentalist. What've you got?" Senku kept a neutral face. Kohaku, Suika and Chrome all turned their heads to look at them, they had chubby cheeks full of food and were still through chewing.

"I can take a guess. The Tsukasa Empire?" His arched eyebrows made him look slightly more patronising. A moment before he spoke, Gen tilted his head and grinned evilly, his snarl reached from one ear to another. Creepy. I glared at him as sternly as I could.

"He's coming. And he's bringing an army," I inhaled sharply through my nose, everyone gasped and it made me feel largely unsettled. I shifted on one foot and crossed my arms. I glanced over at Senku as he ducked his head and chuckled condescendingly. Most people around us were now listening intently and leaning towards them, a shiver ran through most spines.

"Sounds like we'll finally get the chance to show them what The Kingdom of Science is made of," he comically raised his head and gazed forward. "Are you guys ready? Get excited." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I mean, we're talking about potential war here, why get excited? His attitude throughout has ceased to amaze me.

"An entire army of men like him? All of them ridiculously strong and just as ruthless?" Kohaku's eyes had widened while Gen just shrugged nonchalantly.

"That's the idea, yes. He's been very busy reviving people," he said boredly, although you knew he was feeling entirely different, not a certain emotion that you could pick up on. Senku, again, chuckled dryly and clenched his hands together even harder together, he was determined and no one could stop him.

"It's finally come to an all-out war between the Kingdom of Science and The empire of might. Time for a showdown," he deepened his voice. What a diva, I mean since when did he become a commentator?

"And Tsukasa isn't the only major threat. The other among them whose bad ews-nay." Ews-nay? What the hell is that anyway?

"If he or Tsukasa show up at the head of the war party, frankly, you have no choice but to run." That's what got me thinking: I haven't run into him yet, speed and accuracy are more important than strength if you have enough momentum you could obviously accomplish anything. He may seem freakish but there's a chance I could potentially take him down.

"What about me then?" I interrupted and all their eyes gathered onto me. They all let out a coordinated 'huh'.

"Well, theoretically, whether he's strong or not isn't my concern right now. I know for a fact that if I tried hard enough I could definitely take down any possible opponent. No, I haven't met him at all yet, but that doesn't give me any disadvantages since you've all been given Intel on him," I shrugged and let my eyes search over that mix of curiosity and doubtfulness. Gen was about to open his mouth to respond but was cut off by a nearby shriek.

"Everyone! It's happening! The enemy is attacking!" He waved to get as much attention as he could. We all simultaneously took off running as fast as we could, obviously Kohaku and I were in front and got there the fastest. I heard everyone from around me let out distressed and random sentences, I ran into the nearby ramen stall we had moved into the village and grabbed my hidden bow and arrow as fast as I could while letting out a frustrated sigh.

Since everyone was practically sprinting I got left a bit behind and arrived a small bit later than I would have liked. As I approached the group, I saw how much they were sweating, all basically glued in place in pure horror. I squinted and looked over the bridge to see Kinro dangling over the edge of a humongous drop, holding onto a dark figures ankle for dear life.

"Kinro!" My voice was raised and broke halfway through.

"That's Hyouga," Gen whimpered quietly. Kohaku's father had to hold her back as she tried so desperately to get to her endangered friend.

"Now.! Do it. Cut down the bridge! Ginro!" Kinro's voice was raspy and distant but we all heard it perfectly. My pulse quickened and I felt my knees become unstable, yet I manage to keep standing, not without shaking slightly.

"Let me go! I have to help!" She screamed as her father calmed and consoled her. How well could this situation go? Let's hope that if there is a God out there he's sure as hell on our side. Though I'm not religious in the slightest.

"Think about the children, Ginro! You need to cut the bridge, now!" A female guard reached her hand out, "Hurry! Do it!"

Ginro took a few more seconds to move to the roof and start to cut at it with his spear. A part of me screamed at myself inwardly but I knew that it would be better one then all of us. That thought didn't make it any less terrifying. My palms were sweating and I was biting at the tip of my tongue.

Not even a quarter of the way through, he shakily halted his spear and shook uneasily. Ginro, if you're going to have a midlife crisis now, please make it worth it! A glistening tear slid down his cheek and he lowered his arm sloppily, almost dropping his spear in the process.

"I can't," he cried, his voice was strained with a mixture of inward emotional pain.

Me neither... We've got to do something!