Chapter 33 : Take Down

"That's not all the scientific battle prep we're doin', either," Senku leant down and dropped a box on the floor. "You and the rest of the battle team are going to be in tears when you see what it is," he was looking at Kohaku, I silently questioned what he was up to this time.

"It's time to show off your skills, are you ready?" He leaned down slightly to meet Kaseki's eye. Kohaku and I stared at him for a while.

"Hm?" Senku beckoned him closer and whispered something into the older man's ear. Kaseki's face lit up like a Christmas tree, stars literally in his eyes.

"Oh yeah! You better believe I'm ready!" Uh oh. He's going to burst again! And he did. But this time, along with his skirt. I immediately averted my eyes, if I could I would have died on the spot! I heard a few girls scream and cover their faces. Understandable.

"Just the thought of crafting does disturbing things to his muscles," Kohaku mumbled and I let out a scratchy groan and turned so my back would face...him.

"We need to hurry and get started. There is no time to waste! We're in a race against a storm we can't afford to lose now," Senku broke us from our awkwardness and we almost immediately got started.

We spent a full three days mostly preparing for another battle, I didn't sleep well either which has brought my mood down, no one seemed to notice though. As I dreaded, it started to get colder, a strong gale blew leaves off of their trees. The sky grew dark with the mood of the whole village. I shivered and my teeth flattered quietly. I wasn't exactly wearing anything warm, no one was but they didn't seem especially bothered. Seems I'm the odd one out.

We waited silently tucked under the bridge, which was gently swaying. I held on tightly to a rope, my knuckles turned white and the tenderness was almost making me slip. Under the bridge with me was: Kohaku and her father, Ginro, and Kinro since he was all healed up. We turned our heads as we heard the light patter of footsteps.

Senku was stood still on the bridge, facing them with a makeshift firearm. Just before the five men could get close enough to him, we all leapt up and I swiftly removed the Japanese Katana from my back and pointed it towards the three muscular men. Their demeanour immediately changed, it's as if they were uncomfortable and slightly threatened.

"They have Japanese Katanas!" One shouted.

"No kidding," I mumbled. The men were assembled with stone axes and simple tools. One of them attempted to run after me but I quickly turned and sliced his wooden in half with ease, next I pointed the sword edge dangerously close to his throat.

That was enough to make him cower away, along with the rest of his scumbag acquaintances.

"Our weapons are breaking apart."

"It's not just your weapons that are being broken," a voice appeared from behind the brutes. "Your feeble minds are shattering as well."

Well, I could say the same for you buddy!

"Which, I imagine, is exactly what Senku wanted to accomplish. Hence this little display with the Japanese Katanas," Hyouga stalked through the meat sacks of accomplices with his torso bare, he was also holding a spear, which made him appear even taller. He pointed it towards us.

"But your Katanas are no match for my Kudayari and my kanryu-style of fighting!" His spear span rapidly, making my eyes blur slightly, it span so quickly that it had the same effect of when you spin a sparkler in circles. But how convenient is it that I have also trained a few times with that fighting style.

I watch as Kinro and Ginro get their Katanas knocked out of their hands. To my annoyance, Gen popped his head out of a bush in the back of where Hyouga had come from.

"Koiru, Kohaku, and Kinro are the strongest fighters in the village. Bring down those three and victory will be yours for the taking, Hyouga!" He chirped. Wow, thanks Gen.

"Thanks so much for the advice, Gen. Not that I couldn't have seen if for myself," he claims sarcastically.

"That Gen bastard is helping the enemy. What the hell?" Magma growled.

"Did he switch back over to their side. That sneaky rat!" Kohaku spat.

"No actually. I'm pretty sure that he's convincing us to all join forces, it's the only way to defeat that guy," I whisper loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Let's do this Kinro, Koiru. Magma!" If Magma can defeat him, then I guess it'll be my turn to try. With no hesitation, Magma lunged forward lifting his Katana menacingly.

"He's not even listening!"

"Well, that's Magma for you!" I decide to stand at the ready were Magma had recently stood.

"Hmph. Whatever. We can still coordinate our attack," Kohaku explained quietly.

"Actually, I think I know how to handle this," I called out while defensively walk towards Hyouga. I spot a rock and quickly pick it up."Magma, move," I whisper yell and he reluctantly ducked out of the way, I tree the rock towards Hyouga's head. Don't worry I know it sounds stupid, but my plan might work.

As expected, his spear swivels around towards his face to block the rock. Now, this part depends on how fast I can move. I thrust my Katana forwards and towards where the bottom of where the kudayari was spinning. My Katana kept it in place and for some reason, the end separated from the rest with a 'crack'.

We both shared a bit of surprise on our faces, but quickly stiffened. Hyouga closed his eyes back up and stared at the cut end with a thoughtful expression.

"For eal-ray? Who would've done such a thing?" Gen asked in a high voice, it was entirely evident that he had begun lying. Did he do that? The grey-haired man stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"I have to admit Gen, I'm impressed. You did a proper job. You fill the role of a filthy turncoat quite well," he said with displeasure. Gen began squeakily defending himself, but no matter how much he blabbered, they already knew.