Chapter 23 : So Close to the Finish Line!

That morning I stroked my fingers through my hair to tame it, venturing out of my sleeping bag I went out to where everybody had crowded around. Senku stood aiming a magnifying glass at a pile of neatly arranged bamboo while everyone watched.

"This is a lot like when we made Edison's lightbulb. First, we steam-roast some bamboo," Senku explained, no one acknowledging my arrival.

"Whoa. You can really use glass to start a fire?" Chrome asked excitedly.

"Add potassium carbonate, extracted from ash. We also used this in our ramen-making," he continued, ignoring Chrome's question.

Most of that afternoon was spent perfecting the gas masks, this included some more physical activity. Soon enough, both Chrome and Senku had left for the sulfuric acid pool with their gas tanks attached to their backs. I couldn't help but let some anxiety build up in the process, which irritated me.

What if something were to go wrong? I don't think I could handle that. Never the less I returned to a secret activity I had been working on for a few days. I started making yesterday night, that is before Senku marched in. I stored it away a few minutes earlier.

The reason I was making trousers was for the Grand Bout, I wanted to make it stretcher than the material the men like Kinro, Ginro or Magma were currently wearing. I knew it would look weird for a woman to wear them in this time but to be fair, I did have a hint of masculinity about me. I've always been the tomboy, plus I was bisexual- but I'm not exactly out yet.

I gathered the materials and a few sewing needles and headed away from everybody so that I could concentrate. It's not a big deal if people know but I tend to keep to myself if I'm doing projects. I spent approximately two hours sewing and finishing the trousers, they were precisely made to fit my slightly curvy figure.

I ended up finishing my knitted tan trousers that were easy to manoeuvre around it and we're right fitting at the same time. I sewed together a piece of scrap brown fabric into a baggy poncho too, this didn't take too long.

 I sewed together a piece of scrap brown fabric into a baggy poncho too, this didn't take too long

Sort of like these

Sort of like these.

It only took an hour of my time to craft the top it was baggy and went down to the top of my thighs. I figured that I should probably get back because I remembered that I left without telling them. Once I got back, clothing in hand, all eyes were on me. Kohaku and Chrome stomped over to me, visibly enraged.