Chapter 4 : Battle in The Name of Science!

We stand in front of a fire while Chrome grins psychotically, Senku crouches beside me and pats the floor next to him. He gives me a meaningful look so I decided to just give in. I sink to the floor dejectedly.

"All right, get ready for some badass sorcery?" Chrome shouts enthusiastically.

"Check out my rainbow bridge! I am the master of flames and fire!" He continues to throw objects into the fire and makes it turn yellow, blue and then purple. Senku had wrinkled into a very sour face.

"Rainbow Bridge? What total crap. They're reactions to basic flame tests." Senku was about to continue but you spoke up.

"You literally just threw in salt, copper and some sulfur," Senku stared at me with an unintelligible face.

'Okay I'm ten billion per cent sure this is why I like her so much' he thought and subconsciously smirked.

"So, the copper... is it copper sulfate?" I continued with a heated face.

"He wouldn't know that," Senku murmured. "Did you use some blue crystals?" He interjected.

"Maybe you found them in the caves?" The so-called 'sorcerers' eyes bulge out of his head. He began to ramble chaotically. Senku stood up leaning on one leg but gestured for me to stay seated. Oh, I get it, this was his way of making me rest. I roll my eyes and puff my cheeks. Senku chuckled in satisfaction.

The hot-headed imbecile rushed up the ladders of his shed and slammed the door.

"I'm gonna get one of my instruments of sorcery that will put the hurt on you for sure. It's a legit weapon!" His voice muffled.

He stumbled out with a ball, mmm he's conducting a static reaction. He rapidly rolled it in his hands while making an extremely hideous face. He slumped achingly and strides sloppily toward Ginro, the blonde guard. He raised his arm tiredly and shocked the bridge of his nose.

"Ow! That hurts! What did you do to me?" Ginro squealed. Onion head marched over and grasped the ball from Chrome.

"A sulfur ball. You took some of the same stuff you threw on the fire earlier and put it in an urn. You melted it down, let it cool and harden, and broke the urn around it. A neat way to make one of these," a glint in his eyes made your stomach tighten, would it be weird for you to say it was cute? I mean he looked like a kid on Christmas day.

"A sulfur ball static generator. Originally invented back in the 17th century. I'm starting to get pretty excited about you. Heh. But rubbing it with leather instead of your hands will make ten billion times more power. I'll use my science flag," he twisted the leather around in his palms.

His hair began to spike up more than usual. He looked like a blow-dried Pomeranian. I burst out laughing as he zapped Chrome repeatedly.

"The guy's hair is all spiky!" Ginro shouted.

"It was already pretty spiky," Kohaku replied.

"Oh, wow. How does that work?" Senku's face grew smug as he tossed the ball to them. They stood there looking completely buzzed, it was too funny!

"Hey, give it back!" Chrome launched himself at Kohaku but she stealthily dodged him. Senku wandered back towards me with his arms crossed and a smirk wiped his face.

"Feels like I'm watchin' 'baby's first science class' with this dude," I smile.

"At least they're enjoying this, that means bonus points for you, doesn't it?"

"For us, yeah," he grinned at me and I returned the favour. Senku's face fell slightly as he stared up at Chrome's elevated shed of materials galore.

"Chrome, did you think up all this stuff by yourself in this backwards little village?" He asked. "All these minerals and scientific materials, you took it upon yourself you took it upon yourself to gather and collect them in that shed?"

"You bet I did! Why do you care? It's normal for kids to find stuff and keep it. Smash it up together, mix it up, burn it. And when something really crazy happened that's what you call sorcery. Think about it, what else could it be?" Chrome ranted.

"Tch," was all Senku mustered up before he turned back to Chrome.

"Listen, the way things are going right now, I'm ten billion per cent sure that you're exactly the type of person that Tsukasa is gonna kill," I tensed uncomfortably at the mention of his name.

"And the only way for you to survive is if you join our Kingdom of Science," he gestured towards me. He had his full-on mad scientist face on. Cackling Senku clambered up Chrome's ladder.

"I'd love if you joined forces with us and lent your shed of science to the cause," he said snidely.

"Oh my goodness Senku, behave yourself," I scolded out of disbelief.

"Hey! You're not taking my stuff, okay?!" Chrome paused in thought

"I challenge you to one last battle! Just you and me! If you lose, you both have to leave the village after you bow to me! If you win, take everything in the shed and I'll work for you!" Senku and I share amused looks.

"You sure?" I asked

"I'll show you things you've never seen before because I'm the greatest of all time! Arithmetic! Fight me in a battle of numbers, both of you!" Chrome challenged.

"I have a strong feeling that Koiru is about to wipe the floor with you," I look at Kohaku evily, she chuckles.

"Okay!" He points to me.

"13×8"

"104"

"11×33"

"363"

"19+104"

"123" everyone but Senku looked as if their brains had melted. I raised an eyebrow at Chrome as he conclusively drops to the dirt in defeat.

*Shed of Science and Chrome Acquired*