Chapter 34 : Plan Of Action

Not long after Hyouga's spear was shattered at the tip, the brutish men behind him turned and fled.

"Remarkable athleticism, combined with coordinated teamwork, and a dirty betrayal. Add to that the scientific knowledge to create guns and Japanese Katanas. You people seem to know the proper way to do things," Hyouga drones on, I almost completely lost interest.

That was until he said: "What would have been more proper was if you realised all of this was merely a distraction."

In the distance, terrified screams could be heard throughout the whole area. I saw a faint orange glow tint the skin on the backside of my arm. I realised that all of this was just to set the village alight, they call themselves the one's who are saving humanity when all they have done is put, children and their mothers at risk. I felt ready to hunt down Tsukasa myself and pummel the oh-so scary primate high schooler into the floor, maybe even knick the teeth out of his jaw.

But I knew that I had to help aid the village before anything. I fully turn around to spot a slim woman dressed in pink from head to toe stalking across the bridge with a lot torch in hand.

"Another one?" The ex village chief asked.

"Say hello Homura, my right hand. Unlike those mush-brained macho men, she can get things done properly. She's quite thorough, " Hyouga explained calmly. The woman tossed the torch into the waters below and begun sprinting across the bridge. She narrowly avoided Kohaku and her father's blades. Then she came for us, just before she jumped over the rest of us, I managed to inflict a deep but thin cut on the right side of her thigh, below the hip.

She and Hyouga began retreating back to the woods.

"Damn it."

Slowly but surely I dashed around from house to house telling each villager to evacuate, they had to leave their homes and it was absolutely devastating. Some had lived there their entire lives, many childhoods had been spent there, a place that was supposed to be safe. Luckily we got them all out of there before the flames rose to high. They were brought to the science shed.

I couldn't help but blame myself partially for this, maybe if I had paid more attention, maybe if I were more focused I could've prevented all of this from happening. I could've saved home lives and memories. I simply couldn't imagine the storm of emotions that are currently consuming these poor kids and elderly.

Not even when we had abandoned the village where we safe. Another fire was set in front of the science shed. I watched as Suika started hopping away from the village and distracting Tsukasa's men. No! What is that girl doing? I inwardly started panicking as I rushed towards where they had gone after her. I hid behind trees as they trailed her, I'll make sure she's safe, no way am I letting her get hurt or captured.

That's when a squirrel fell down in front of her.

"Wait, we're near the hot springs? Suika are you trying to kill yourself?" I growled as I sped past the men, Hyouga and Homura and through the trees.

"Suika! Up the tree now!" I yelled as I grabbed her and tossed her up into a branch. I held my breath, clamping my hand around my mouth and nose.

"Koiru!" I heard a terrified scream as my eyes blurred, one breath and I'm dead, done for. I felt myself get grabbed by a strong arm and get hoisted up into the air, someone was holding me as they dangled from the branch I had thrown Suika up to. Something was clasped around my mouth and I breathed in deeply and grabbed onto the branch to relieve my saviour's arms. I looked over to see an out of breath Kohaku with a gas mask on.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I hoisted myself up to sit on the branch, she did the same, hugging Suika and slipping a mask over her head too afterwards.

"Fortunately we are all okay," she replied. Then we all heard a familiar voice from below us.

"That was a pretty dumbass move, launching an attack on the Kingdom of Science. You never had a chance against our modern weapons," ah, it's our king of bluffing, Senku.

"Now then, it's time to head back. Just breath nice and slow, Suika, you'll be fine."

"Right! I'll do my best!" And with that, we jumped and landed gracefully onto the ground below.

"You guys can go back home and suckle on mama Tsukasa's teat. Of course, you have to wait about ten billion seconds for the gas to clear outta here," he teased as we walked away from the men that we're clutching onto the tree for dear life. They believed the lie too from the look on their faces.

Suika and the rest of us got back safe, but Suika and I didn't get away without a scolding, even though all I did was make sure she didn't get hurt. After a few days, we began to build back the houses that were destroyed, including the bridges.

"So what's your next move? You've managed to hide for quite a while, but they'll tell Tsukasa you're alive," Gen shrugged.

"Yeah, and I'm sure he'll figure out we can't produce the gunpowder that quickly. At least not enough to use guns," Senku concluded.

Sorry for the shorter paragraph, it's late here and I'm trying to sort out my sleep schedule because I'm literally up to 5 am each night :(